• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Freezer Clean Out: Help Me Decide

What Should I Cook This Weekend?

• Total voters

MS2SB

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The freezer in my garage is currently so packed to the gills that anytime I open the door vacuum sealed assassins come flying out at me and try to break my feet. I believe this is a sign that I need to stop neglecting the freezer when it comes to meal planning over the next few weeks.

I'm in the mood to do some smoking this weekend but can't decide where to start so I thought I'd let the Brethren choose for me.

After a quick inventory last night I've got a picnic shoulder, 4 lb Chuck and 2 racks of spares, 8 lbs of bacon, fully cooked carved and sealed turkey, half dozen chicken carcasses, two meat loafs, several packages of sliced smoked ham, package of 4 pork steaks, 1 nice looking ribeye, flash frozen fish filets and assorted other items which I couldn't quite recognize. I think it best to start with the big ticket items and like I said earlier, I'm in the mood to a decent length cook this weekend.

Cast your vote and let me know what I'm cooking.

Last edited:
Chuck, spares, and pork shoulder...that should make some room and give a nice variety of food.....

It will just be the wife and I, so anything which doesn't get eaten will probably end up vac'd and going back into the freezer.

I would do the Picnic. Nothing like drinking a few while watching the thin blue.

If you are firing up the pit make it worth the time and fill her up!!

ya know the shoulder is gonna win....

I would also take out the chuck and grind it into burger. Make some into patties and leave some for spag sauce, etc

It will just be the wife and I, so anything which doesn't get eaten will probably end up vac'd and going back into the freezer.

Cook it ALL.It is Superbowl weekend! If you don't have any old friends to invite over to help devour the feast, set up a buffet table in the front yard and make some new ones. :laugh:

BOOOOOOO!!!!!! Poll does not have an ALL option and will only let me pik 1!!!:tsk:

Order pizza.:tongue: ;-)

I just did PP last weekend. I'm still eating it. Spares are what I'm doing, so I'm voting by what I'm cooking.

Back