• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

120 Gallon Compressor Tank,Trailer Mounted, Offset Smoker Build - by Huntin Smoke & Pappy (pics) UPDATED

Looks fantastic! Awesome job. If I could weld I'd be out there building one myself!

nice looking job, doors can be a son of a gun we run into the same problem all the time. Hey your fix worked Kudos to you!!!!!!

I am looking forward to getting it mounted to the trailer. I am so glad the door is fixed and we don't have the big gap at the bottom of the door.

damn I told my wife I needed to buy more tools now I have to show her this so she can see that they are used for more than sitting in a tool box or hanging on the wall.

Huntin Smoke & I have decided not to cut all of the plugs out. Thats a lot of work just for looks. The chimney exhaust will take care of one of them on the end. We positioned the doors so that the large plugs would be in the back or on the bottom. There is a small plug that we could use for a wireless thermometer. It is in front under the door. Then again, we could change our minds.

Updated 10-1-12

Finished Chimney Elbow
IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

Beefing Up The Trailer Frame For Smoke Cradle Legs
IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

Smoker Cradle Leg
IMG_4097.jpg

Cradle Leg Welding Jig
IMG_4114.jpg

Updated 10-6-12

Worked on it a little more today.

Smoker Legs Cut
IMG_4123.jpg

Reinforced floor for smoker to sit on
IMG_4124.jpg

Weld on lifting rings
IMG_4126.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

Legs welded in place
IMG_4129.jpg

SaddleTemp.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

Hoisting and setting smoker in place

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

Cut out and weld on chimney elbow

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

Weld on chimney - 5" diameter

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

Friend of ours gave us some 1/4" plate & cut us a 6" circle for the chimney

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg

Last edited:
It is coming along real nice. How come you went with just an off set and not a reverse flow? I still need to start my cutting my tank. Also can you please give me the Measurements of your tank? like how long it is and how big around, I would like to see if it is the same size I have.

It is coming along real nice. How come you went with just an off set and not a reverse flow? I still need to start my cutting my tank. Also can you please give me the Measurements of your tank? like how long it is and how big around, I would like to see if it is the same size I have.

We are going to have the tuning plates - no RF - I heard RF takes more fuel.
Tank is about 5'-7" - 24" diameter.

Looks great. Any idea what the tank weighs ?

To heavy for someone to pick up. The internet has 120 gallon tanks weighing anywhere from 275 to 400 pounds. This tank is 5/16" thick.

Back