Gravity Feed to temp

wilsond3010

Reaction score
how long to get to temp normally.

I've got my backyard smoker on and it's -4 outside and with the digi-q on and such after 1.5 hours it's only at 90 degrees

I'm obviously missing something

Outside temperatures and the level of insulation in your cooker as well as other issues will all effect the performance of your cooker.

In my old offset, I had to wrap the cooker in welding and moving blankets to keep cooking temperatures where they should have been.

Saskatchewan is a cold place, but are you using °C or °F as your temperature readings? I was stationed in Minot, ND just south of Saskatchewan and I don't recall April temperatures being below zero... But then again climate changes have taken place in the past 30 years since I left that area....

You may have to raise your temperature above the setting, then dial it back......

I give mine an hour to get to temp. I leave the top cover open for about a good ten minutes or until I can not leave my hand there for a five count, then close it.

Thanks Fish, I think that was my issue I didn't keep lid open.

It's coming up better now but still lost 2 hours hopefully I can get some food cooked might not have my pulled pork but my ribs and sirloin tip should get done.

Iron,

We ended up with snow last night and currently sitting at -6 centigrade according to weather network

Back