The biggest brisket you ever saw?

QTEX

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
1. Whats the largest brisket you ever saw at the store or bought for yourself or a comp? Mail ordered?
2. What is your preferred size/weight for a comp before trimming of course?
Gracias amigos

I saw a 23# brisket once. I like the 15lb range.

22# is the largest SRF from Buckhead Beef in Atlanta. I prefer the 18# for comps and home. At home I use Walmart briskets.

We had a 25 pounder once and it looked like that Africa stone the world's strongest men used to carry around :) It needed a lot of trimming though.

The biggest brisket i ever saw was 35lb & it was very very biggest near to me. I can imagine right now huuuhh! what a brisket. :p

21.2, and it did not come out good. The end closest to the point did not get done and the other end was falling apart on the smoker. It was a select grade. I like CAB around 15#

Doc what is your size preference for comps?

I'm fine with anything above 12 as long as it has a really thick flat but 15 lbs seems to be the size where you are pretty much assured of that.

Biggest: 21# Prefer 14-16 lbs. I like the thickness of the flats I tend to find in that range, though it is hit and miss with CAB. Any bigger than 16 lbs and odds are it won't fit on the WSM.

Did a couple of 25#ers in one competition... Was slim pickins at that time; all I could get.

Snake River Farms just over 24# and took 1st place. I still have dreams about it.

I think I saw a 21lb once. I prefer 13-15lb briskets, they trim up nicely for the box without too much waste.

Back