Rib UN-Appreciation thread

I love this place. Good times.

Preach it brother Bigabyte! I'm with you. I like ribs, but I prefer pulled pork and brisket. Give me a big mound of meat on a plate than a slab of ribs. Oh and sausage. I would take good sausage too.

I am a Brisket Lover myself, but Ribs are the most expensive item per lb of the four major Q meats. I think its because there are waaaay more people who have had great ribs than great brisket.

How much are you paying for ribs? Are you talking baby backs or spares?

I am just waiting for some brave (foolish?) Brother to open the "UDS Un-Appreciation" thread :-D

I think we have enough money for flowers at his funeral. :-D

TIM

I've had good ribs, I think a couple times I've had great ribs, I've messed up more than my fair share of ribs, and I've had a lot of just OK to flat out bad ribs.

Now I've done brisket a number of times and I think its turned out pretty dang good.

Usually I end up smoking pork butts, chicken, or fatties, but if it either brisket or ribs my preference is brisket (unless of course somebody else is buying them meat then I'll gladly smoke some ribs but you've been warned).

One of my pet peaves though is to go to a BBQ joint I've never been to, order the brisket and end up with pulled beef rather than the sliced brisket I was expecting. Not that I've got anything against brisket as pulled beef I just think if your selling pulled beef brisket you should include the word "pulled" when you write it down. Its only happened a couple times but always results in a "WTF is this?" moment when I had my mind set on sliced brisket.

I like pork ribs, but prefer PPork, beef chuck ribs, tri-tip and chicken...

It is odd how when you tell someone that you love to bbq they usually blurt out "Oh I love ribs!" Hmm, don't remember saying anything about ribs... oh well :rolleyes:

I suppose you could slice the Brisket as thinly as possible, then wrap the
slice around a Rib....maybe even wrap a slice of Bacon around that, and
see if your taste buds can handle it.

I think a foil Un appreciation thread would be pretty entertaining.

I love ribs, but prefer pulled chuckie or pork.

Chicken is rising up the list for me as I get better at cooking it.

theendisnear.jpg

Back