Thread: Golden Ticket!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron
Default Golden Ticket!

We cooked the 2019 Heritage Days BBQ Showdown in Belvidere, IL this weekend. This was effectively a triple competition with an SCA steak cook off on Friday evening, a KCBS master series competition on Saturday and another KCBS Master Series competition on Sunday.

We started the weekend with a bang at the SCA Steak Cookoff with 2nd place Anything on a Stick (beef tenderloin kabobs) and 1st place in steak and earned a Golden Ticket to compete in the 2019 SCA World Steak Championship in Ft. Worth Texas in October.

On Saturday the highlight of the the evening was a gathering of our BBQ Famliy to celebrate our 100th KCBS competition! We hosted the evening 9:22 shot and toasted all of our friends in celebration of 100 competitions!

Our 100th competition was Sunday and we finished with 2nd place in ribs and 1st place in brisket! As the organizer was congratulating me on the brisket award he told me to look at the crowd, and I saw our BBQ Family all standing and cheering! Our 100th competition was a moment that Amy and I will always remember!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->