Anniversary Catering

You done good, Mista! Thanks for the kind words. This was definitely an experience!! I really wish you could see the look on my face in that picture...words just wouldn't do it justice. 80 lbs of boneless chicken doesn't sound like a lot until you are into about the 4th hour of cooking it!!

People were raving about the chicken Country. You deserve lots of praise!

Do you know that out of all of that food, All I tasted were a few of the green beans? I have no idea what everything else tasted like.

Wow! I didn't even know there was a cooking for the masses section. How new is this?

NOT ONE SINGLE PIECE OF FOOD...I ate nothing that we prepared that day. I was too worried she would hack off my head with a rusty razor if I ate anything!

Well it's nice to be able to relax for a minute. It's funny but I am more tired from this one day event than I was vending for 3 days at the Watts Festival.

Wow! I didn't even know there was a cooking for the masses section. How new is this?

First i've seen of it! I was hoping to get a catering forum going here!

Great job guys, looks like a first class set-up! :eusa_clap

Great job guys!:eusa_clap Everything looked really nice.

Curious about the cold items. Not sure if you were in a cool climate, but did you have them sitting on ice? Being in a very hot environment, I try to find ways to keep the salads cool without revealing loads of ice underneath.

Great job guys!:eusa_clap Everything looked really nice.

Curious about the cold items. Not sure if you were in a cool climate, but did you have them sitting on ice? Being in a very hot environment, I try to find ways to keep the salads cool without revealing loads of ice underneath.

We only had one cold item and it didn't last long enough to heat up.

Go for two stainless bowls one a little smaller than the other. Ice in the bigger one. Cold item in the smaller one. As it melts the food dish will settle down in the larger one.

Congrats BigMista and the crew. Wow what a spread. Was that Phil and Glen I saw in some of those pics?

You did see Phil and Glen there working with us. Only reason I didn't menttion them is because they are rarely online.

P.S. We bought a wagon for carrying food back and forth when we are not cooking right at the serving location.

I like this idea.

Country and Big Brother Smoke are threatening to never work with me again unless I buy a truck or at least a trailer. The spending never ends...

Looks like a fantastic gig!

I know a lot of people rave about the crocs but I can't say enough about columbia hikers. They rule for long days, though they are heavier and your legs are dragging if you aren't used to them.

Did you carve for people? Saw the cutting board. I have a nice one when people are watching but I usually use a plastic cutting board set on an one edge of a cookie tray to catch the juices and bits.

I'm glad you posted this, I have a gig around this size in about a month and I've been debating on how much to prepare.

I like this idea.

Country and Big Brother Smoke are threatening to never work with me again unless I buy a truck or at least a trailer. The spending never ends...

We got one like this. You can haul heavier stuff with the big wheels. And we sometimes even haul big heavy coolers that don't have wheels and are full of meat, etc.

360235LG.jpg

Also, if you can afford one I highly recommend a meat slicer when cutting certain meats for big events. Oh, and then you need a generator for places where there is no electricity available. Yeah, the buying stuff seems to never end.

I know a lot of people rave about the crocs but I can't say enough about columbia hikers. They rule for long days, though they are heavier and your legs are dragging if you aren't used to them.

Did you carve for people? Saw the cutting board. I have a nice one when people are watching but I usually use a plastic cutting board set on an one edge of a cookie tray to catch the juices and bits.

I'm glad you posted this, I have a gig around this size in about a month and I've been debating on how much to prepare.

I bet the hikers would be good for days when it is a bit chilly out and I need to keep my feet warm. :)

Nice thought but hiking boots in the middle of summer in SoCal won't fly. My feet would catch on fire! They would probably be good for events during our 2 week winter though.

We did carve the brisket for the guests. Thought it would be a nice touch.

We got one like this. You can haul heavier stuff with the big wheels. And we sometimes even haul big heavy coolers that don't have wheels and are full of meat, etc.

360235LG.jpg

Also, if you can afford one I highly recommend a meat slicer when cutting certain meats for big events. Oh, and then you need a generator for places where there is no electricity available. Yeah, the buying stuff seems to never end.

For this event, we could have used a golf cart. The kitchen was almost 100 yards from the serving area. I have a blister on the bottom of one of my feet. Definitely the wrong socks in the wrong shoes.

Back