Early Labor Day BBQ with Pictures

Peter B

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I had to bump up my Labor day BBQ a couple of weeks to this past weekend. My friend was kind enough to take pictures of the final steps before serving. A couple pictures of a brisket and a couple more of some pulled pork.

Attachments

• 2013-Brisket1.jpg
    2013-Brisket1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 2013-Brisket4.jpg
    2013-Brisket4.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 2013-PulledPork2.jpg
    2013-PulledPork2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 2013-PulledPork5.jpg
    2013-PulledPork5.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 175
It is not a typical brisket method. I sacrifice most of the bark at the end by braising the slices in the au jus liquid made from beef stock, briket trimmings, brisket drippings, and a ton of fresh herbs. My family doesn't care for bark much and the brisket picks up a very intense flavor during this step so I do it for them. It won't win me any competitions but my family, friends and colleagues all prefer this method over a traditional brisket with bark.

fine lookin cook! THe pulled pork looks nice and moit and the brisket looks outstandingly tender.

Good Q is always about what YOU and YOURS like the best! Not to many rules after that :eusa_clap. Brisket sounds delicious, I used to cook lot's of braised brisket when I was cooking in restaurants, loved the stuff. Just learned how to smoke it after coming to this forum. Your pork looks mighty good too!

KC

I smoked four different types of meat for the party: brisket, ribs, pork shoulder, and chicken. I only have pictures of the brisket and pork shoulder. Once I served those my buddy/photographer went outside to eat while I sliced up the chicken and ribs. The Pulled pork was outrageous but when isn't pulled pork super delicious?

Back