Ribs w/ new rub - PRON

indianagriller

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I picked up a few pounds of my rub from the Co-Packer. This was from the sample batch they made to get the taste right. I think it needs a touch more of sweetness to even out the other flavors, They are making another batch for me to pick up on monday.

I started with 3 racks of St. Louis style ribs from GFS. and ended with these.

IMAGE_105.jpg

And the cut version

IMAGE_106.jpg

Not bad cooked them for 4.5 hours on the drum at 215* they passed the bend test easily. Any Brethren at New Albany next weekend stop by and I have some samples to hand out (of the Rub). If i have any left over I will post it here on a first come first serve basis.

Darn,, Them ribs Look Greattttt..Would love to, but I'm stuck here in FL.

Nice looking job on the ribs and great news on the progress.

Nice! I can never get my ribs to cut so clean. Mine usually looks like I cut them with a spoon and a rubber mallet.

If you need any second opinions on your rub let us know!

Looks good. I like that you don't have too much bone showing on them ribs... looks just right to me.

The trick is a VERY sharp knife and use one long motion to cut top from bottom. I slice mine with the bone side towards me so i can see the slight curve of each bone.

Hey there Indianagriller! Ribslook great. I travel to Indianapolis every week. How far is that from where you are? I'm always looking to try new rubs.

Back