Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Jesse James Barbeque Cookout, Kearney, MO - Sept 18 & 19, 2009

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Smokehouse 72 will be there, any other brothers going to be at this event? Has anybody heard how many teams they have?

The Pickled Pig will be there.

They had 35 teams last year and 43 teams in 2007.

Next Year's Winner will be there. Trying to improve our chicken score from last year, duplicate our brisket!

Ah, I get to meet the infamous Paul of the Pickled Pig team.

look forward to meeting you paul

Likewise guys. This is our favorite contest each year, largely because it was where our team got started. The weather is usually mild (think cool drizzle) and the venue is a huge, open field with a local carnival/festival in the same park. I haven't looked at the listed activities yet this year, but some on my crew really enjoy the demolition derby on Friday night.

Mission is the only other local contest this year so I would expect attendance to be up a little.

I'll be there. This was where I won my first Grand Championship. Bringing my boss with me to pit bitch.

I'll be there. This was where I won my first Grand Championship. Bringing my boss with me to pit bitch.

Hey Todd, if you have a XXL shirt, I'll buy one from ya. Bring them with you to Kearny. See ya in 8 days.

Back