Shack Attack BBQ Sauce Recipe

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only who developed a BBQ sauce drinking problem from that stuff. Support is important in these situations. :-D

anyone else had it with vanilla ice cream yet?

:icon_blush:

Hmmmm, that's an idea!

The BBQ joint I worked at while in high school had customers who would come in and ask for BBQ sauce milkshakes. They had us make a vanilla milkshake and put BBQ sauce in it. Some even asked for a glass of ice so they could fill it with the sauce and drink it chilled. That used to kind of turn my stomach. But, I suppose working around the sweet sauce that we served everyday and going home smelling like it made me not want that much of it at one time.

I tried this on some pulled pork I did on Monday, and then used it as a dip for a spatchcocked chicken yesterday.
It was awesome! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Last edited:
Once you've had Shack, you won't go back !!!!:mrgreen:

I made a batch of this sauce, put it on this pork shoulder a couple hours before I took it off the smoker and made pulled pork sammies!
Delicious!
Pork1.jpg

Pork2.jpg

Attachments

• Pork1.jpg
    Pork1.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 348
  • Pork2.jpg
    Pork2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 347
I used to drink spicy v8's all the time. This stuff is way better! And it all started with one innocent sip! I'm gonna have to start keeping two bottles of this stuff around now.

I've gotta stop making it- every time I do, I just keep taking teaspoon shots of it til its gone (days later).

I do a few mods to the recipe. For example, I use kosher salt sometimes, but usually just leave out completely and add a tad bit of ketchup, sugar, cayenne, or chili powder.

How do you guys vary it?

I've gotta stop making it- every time I do, I just keep taking teaspoon shots of it til its gone (days later).

I do a few mods to the recipe. For example, I use kosher salt sometimes, but usually just leave out completely and add a tad bit of ketchup, sugar, cayenne, or chili powder.

How do you guys vary it?

So far I've just been using a different hot sauce each time. Usually habanero.

I cut the vinegar by 1/4 cup and replace it and the water with apple juice.
Interesting idea that I'll have to try out myself. I just had some of my last batch over PP for lunch, till now I always have replaced the hot sauce by another part of vinegar + cayenne pepper due to the lack of a fitting hot sauce (it's a shame the usual hot sauces are mostly available only in tiny bottles at horrible prices around here), but unfortunately that leads to quite a vinegary flavor profile. So either I'll have to find a large bottle of hot sauce, or I'll try with Sriracha on my next batch.

Doing some ribs for that football game on Sunday. I will try and make some of this tonight and get it ready for the game. Does the type of Paprika make a big difference?

Back