Really Good Corn on the Cobb...

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I just tried "paula deens" corn on the cobb... slather with mayo, sprinkle with chili powder, s & p, and my twist I used pecarino ramano, (she used parmesian) foil and put in oven, 350 , 10 min.,turn off oven, leave corn until ready to serve... you can put this on the grill this also.
Best corn on the cobb I ever had...

Just wanted to share...

I do something similar seeing as the wifey is from mexico city, take the corn out of the husk, butter it and foil it, throw it in the fire pit for a little while right on top of the fire till it is tender, turning occasionally, when done spread on a little mayo, chili powder, coteja cheese and squeeze a little lime on it. Best farkin corn I ever had in my life.

I do something similar seeing as the wifey is from mexico city, take the corn out of the husk, butter it and foil it, throw it in the fire pit for a little while right on top of the fire till it is tender, turning occasionally, when done spread on a little mayo, chili powder, coteja cheese and squeeze a little lime on it. Best farkin corn I ever had in my life.

THIS is the way to eat corn. ("Cojita", fwiw)

Ok, thanks for the correction, I just know it is awesome, need to send wifey out for some to hook up this weekend now:rolleyes:

Same thing, I did before, to let the corn soak up the flavors...

Its a side dish here I eat it once a week they serve up a styrofoam to cup filled with corn a spoonful of may and top it off with grated cheese best corn ever.

I tried paula's recipe a couple of times. Tasty but hard not to knock off the crust using mayo. Last weekend I used oil instead of mayo (half just with Pam, half with evoo) easier but not quite as tasy. Still good though.
In the past I've done foil wrapped with butter and parmasean- didn't stick, really, but it's the easiest. All corn is good no matter what you do.

I spiral wrap mine with bacon, a little fresh ground pepper and wrap with foil. No husk. The kids and I used to fight over the bacon! Its baked bacon.

There are guys around Los Angeles that sell it like that from carts on the street. I love it, although the mayo is probably a risk buying it off the street from guys that really don't have much in the way of sanitation. I love it though, so oh well, I haven't been sick yet!

I have always wanted to try this, but the whole heating up mayo thing goes against my mothers teachings of "after opening the mayonaise you must always keep it refrigerated or it will make you sick"

Thats just wrong! you're painting a picture in my head thats making me want to puke!:twisted:

you know shes not half bad a little old maybe..but i think i'd like to heat up her grits a bit and put some of that mayo on her naked corn..how that make you feel Keale..LOL

Mayo on corn, I would have never thought of that as a combo.

Might have to give it a try.

I don't know if you guys have this in the states but Tuna & Corn is a very very popular sandwich filling here in the UK.

Crack open a can of Tuna (in oil), squeeze out oil with fork, throw tuna in bowl, pop open can of unsweetened corn & drain (or cut cooked corn from husk). Throw corn into bowl with tuna, add mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix. One Sandwich filling.

Changes: Chilli powder, cyanne, somkey paprika can be subst for the pepper. Garlic can be added. Lime can be swapped for the lemon.

I have always wanted to try this, but the whole heating up mayo thing goes against my mothers teachings of "after opening the mayonaise you must always keep it refrigerated or it will make you sick"

Go for it, you're cooking the mayo in the foil!
Ever tried baked Mayonaise Chicken? Mix mayo and parmesian cheese, coat chicken w/ mixture, dust w/ flour...bake....hey wait a minute, use the same mixture as the corn, I bet you'd have some might fine tastin chicken!:-D Really the chicken is good stuff!

you know shes not half bad a little old maybe..but i think i'd like to heat up her grits a bit and put some of that mayo on her naked corn..how that make you feel Keale..LOL

Curt, I just had a late dinner! I think I'm going to be hungry again in few minutes!!!:twisted: :-D

Back