Straight rib bones....

moontz

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Watching pit masters and these other shows, when they cut their ribs, the bones look perfectly straight. I have been cooking ribs for quite a while and never run into a rack of spares with perfectly straight bones (baby backs not an issue). The spares are always at some angle...

I ave got spare ribs from RD, costco, grocery store, and a couple local butchers. None have looked as nice as those on tv. Am I missing something and these straight bone spare ribs exist or is the camera playing tricks on me? If they do exist, any tips on where to buy or how to identify?

Brian

I gave up on trying to find ribs with bones perpendicular to the length of the slab. If I happen to find them great, but I don't hold my breath.

What I do now is just try to make sure that they all run the same direction.

This would be perfect.
l l l l l l l l l l l l l
But hard to find.

I'm ok with this.
/////////////

But this is a killer come turn in time.
l l l l l l///////

I gave up on trying to find ribs with bones perpendicular to the length of the slab. If I happen to find them great, but I don't hold my breath.

What I do now is just try to make sure that they all run the same direction.

This would be perfect.
l l l l l l l l l l l l l
But hard to find.

I'm ok with this.
/////////////

But this is a killer come turn in time.
l l l l l l///////

Nice illustration! :thumb:

Pitmasters meat sponcer hand picks each cut of meat for the show. This is marketing on their part... You see perfect bones on TV from their product... You buy their product.

But all in all the product that is delivered to your door is not always as it looks on TV (straight bones) weekend and week out on the show.... I know I have tried.

This is just my thought no inside info.

It's all CGI. Straight ribs don't exist. They're the sasquatch of barbecue. People claim to have seen them, but all photo evidence is photo trickery.

Oh I see them. Its just that when I do I don't have a cooler and I'm a long way from home!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ
Back