SURVEY!!! What is the "ONE" food item that you absolutely abhor???

Pepsi. It tastes like I'm drinking a bottle of sugar.

Balut is absolutely horrific, and brussels sprouts are up at the top of the list too.

My parents were in the Philippines a while back and my dad said he ate this. He knew what it was beforehand, and they instructed him just to eat the whole thing. None of this bite in the middle business.

His description of the texture was enough to scar me for months. :sad:

There are certain things a father should never tell his son. This might be one of them...:shock:

+1 for Brussels Sprouts - when I was a kid mom made them for dinner once. She put two on my plate. I would not eat them. She told me before I could get down from the table I had to eat them. Put one in my mouth ... chewed and spewed :puke:. I never had to try them again.

Right there with you... Just can't do them. The taste (not the texture) sends off my gag reflex every time! :brushteeth:

hell yes!! i love most anything but if it has raw onions it will stop me dead in my tracks.

there are VERY few things i can eat raw onions on, actually the only thing i can think of is mexican street tacos. i love the cilantro/onion mix, but thats it. i hate raw onions on everything else. its like chewing on glass.

raw bell peppers, and mushrooms of any kind.

dark meat chicken grosses me out at times as well if its not cooked to my standards. the stomach lining (tripe) they use in menudo. or any type of grisley meat i will throw up on it and stop eating the rest of my food immediately.

there are some others but this all i can think of for now lol.

My list is short....Mayo , miracle whip or anything resembling ....Do NOT put it on my sandwich..I'm OK with patoato salad and other salds that have mayo as an ingredient.

Raw tomatoes, raw onions, anything with the name "hot dish" in it, sushi (aka bait)

Thousands of Minnesota grandmothers just rolled their eyes and shot you the bird...
They would never do that, they'd say, "okay", then behind my back they'd call me all sorts of names.

If you've ever eaten food from the great state of MN you'd know. I was born in TX with a Tex-Mex mother that can cook liver and make it taste delicious.

They would never do that, they'd say, "okay", then behind my back they'd call me all sorts of names.

If you've ever eaten food from the great state of MN you'd know. I was born in TX with a Tex-Mex mother that can cook liver and make it taste delicious.

I dunno, these days, a buncha grammas are my age now...bet they'll flip one off in a heartbeat.:becky:
We calls 'em "Casseroles" round here as I'm sure they do in Texas and I've had my share of cheap, filling, only mess up one dish meals in my time...

Jalapenos. This jalapeno craze that has been ragin needs to farkin stop. Its farkin jalapeno everything now, you cant go to one farkin place without jalapenos being plastered all over every farkin thing. Fark.

Raw tomatoes, raw onions, anything with the name "hot dish" in it, sushi (aka bait)
Learned about Diphyllobothrium latum (fish tapeworm) in Parasitology in collage. No sushi for me, but it's not a hatred, just food safety.

Chitterlings, hominy and beef liver. I really tried to like liver because Guerry does and won't cook it because of me. I told him I really wish he would go ahead and cook it for himself whenever he wants, I can always just eat something else. But he's stubborn and won't do it. :loco:

Chitterlings, hominy and beef liver. I really tried to like liver because Guerry does and won't cook it because of me. I told him I really wish he would go ahead and cook it for himself whenever he wants, I can always just eat something else. But he's stubborn and won't do it. :loco:

Who? Me?!? :rolleyes:

Back