• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Adam Perry Lang's recipe - Hot Wings (Serious Pron)

Mister Bob

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Celebrity chef and author of Serious Barbecue, Adam Perry Lang came up with this awesome recipe. Layer upon layer of flavor bring these wings to a whole new level.
Here's how:

Break down the wings
APLHotWings800x00001.jpg

APLHotWings800x00002.jpg

Mix up the rub and give them a toss
APLHotWings800x00003.jpg

APLHotWings800x00005.jpg

Put them in a pan with some water and butter
APLHotWings800x00007.jpg

Onto the cooker at 350 for 45 minutes
APLHotWings800x00008.jpg

While they're cooking, make the sauce, scallions, chives, Frank's Hot Sauce and butter. That's an APL signature basting brush. He usually uses thyme, sage or rosemary (or a combination thereof), but I had extra chives so that's what I used.
APLHotWings800x00010.jpg

APLHotWings800x00012.jpg

Bring the wings back inside. Reserve one cup of the cooking liquid, grate in 2 garlic cloves and a jalapeno and use it to mop the wings when you grill them in the next step.
APLHotWings800x00014.jpg

APLHotWings800x00013.jpg

Now bring the wings back outside and grill them directly over hot coals to develop a light char, basting liberally with the garlic and jalapeno infused liquid.
APLHotWings800x00015.jpg

APLHotWings800x00016.jpg

Bring them back in and give them a toss in the sauce. Here's how they turned out. Hat's off to Mr. Perry, they really were delicious. Enjoy!
APLHotWings800x00017.jpg

APLHotWings800x00018.jpg

One of my favorites! wiNGS! i need to leave... I haven't had dinner yet, and I'm ruining my keyboard!

Did this recipe come from of of his books ? I've been thinking of buying serious bbq or bbq 25.

Looks fantastic! I've been making stuff out of Serious Barbecue and enjoying it a lot.

That looks amazing man. mmm

I've heard some of the recipes from the book are quite involved or feature many different (sometimes hard to find) ingredients. Is this accurate?

Did this recipe come from of of his books ? I've been thinking of buying serious bbq or bbq 25.

This recipe came from Serious Barbecue, an excellent book That I highly recommend. His recipe called for 25 whole wings, but I was cooking for two so I made adjustments. For a list of ingredients and the exact quantities I used, along with more specific directions, you can go here: http://thehogblog.com/?p=1062

Looks great! Gonna have to try that.

I too would like to know how hot they are. My family can't handle too much heat either :rolleyes:

Back