• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

So I got my new BSK and....

Grillman40

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My buddy calls me from Menards and says that grill you bought a couple of weeks ago is on sale and $100 cheaper! I called em and asked if they would honor the sale price and gave them the number off my receipt. She asked.."the Big Steel Keg"?? Sorry, that item is now discontinued and we dont give the sale price on items that are discontinued. :mad2:

Ohhh well...guess I gotta get 100 bucks of use outa mine this weekend to make me feel better. Cant believe its discontinued already though

I wonder if that is a Menards-wide thing or just that particular store. Oh, and with a store policy like that, I think I'd find a new place to shop. That or ask to talk with the manager; many times those answering the phone are following a policy they don't have the ability to override.

zydecopaws is right on it...I worked in the Retail Sector fo18 years of my life, and you are told to hold strict to a policy, and a Company Belief, but I bet if you would speak with Management, things would change...

Hope this doesn't mean bad news for the company though as I really like my BSK. But might be wise to keep an eye out at Menards for closeout deals. It'd be great if they offered the BSK at prices similar to Home Depot's Bubba Keg closeout deals.

What's the return policy? Take it back, then buy it again. Seriously, check with a manager. If you give him the choice of taking it back or just giving you the sale price he may see the light.

Back