blues_n_cues rub taste test on chops w/pasta PRON!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
A week or so ago brother blues_n_cues offered a sample of his newly developed rub to those of us who cared to taste it. Not being one to pass up a freebie (read four teenage boys cost a bunch to feed) and always wanting to know what is available, I PM'd him and said "send it on".

I thawed a package of a dozen chops and had just enough of the sample to evenly distribute a coating over them. I used the Platinum with RO and a small piece each of Pecan and Mesquite (seldom use mesquite). The rub is, I believe, a brown sugar based rub with a bit of heat as an after-taste. The kids and I enjoyed it, but the wife said the after-taste was "funny". I suspect this would go better on a long cook, such as ribs or brisket, than on a grill meal, BUT, like I said, we males enjoyed it just fine. Will I buy it when available? You bet!

I cooked up some Pasta-Roni Butter and Garlic stuff, and sprinkled Todd's Dirt over it. Made for a good side dish...

I opened up a three year old present of another butcher block set of knives, as I delegated the "old" ones to the Motor Home this week when we went back to Flagstaff to beat the heat. I included a pic of a few of the knives just for the heck of it. They are made by Hampton Forge and are fairly well made for the cost of them. Who am I to complain, they were a gift! Thanks for stopping in, enjoy the pron!

Attachments

• blues n cues chops 001.jpg
    blues n cues chops 001.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 158
  • blues n cues chops 002.jpg
    blues n cues chops 002.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 155
  • blues n cues chops 003.jpg
    blues n cues chops 003.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 155
  • blues n cues chops 004.jpg
    blues n cues chops 004.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 155
  • blues n cues chops 007.jpg
    blues n cues chops 007.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 155
  • blues n cues chops 008.jpg
    blues n cues chops 008.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 153
  • blues n cues chops 010.jpg
    blues n cues chops 010.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 154
  • blues n cues chops 011.jpg
    blues n cues chops 011.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 154
  • blues n cues chops 005.jpg
    blues n cues chops 005.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 155
Wow, those chops are making me hungry again. Nice pics for sure. I especially like the one where everyone is thinking, "I'm glad mom doesn't make us pose with dinner before every meal." Lol, that's my favorite one.

Those knives look comfortable.

I like how everyone else had a side of apple sauce, and you had a side of another chop. You think like I do.

Nice looking grub and family.

That is some nice looking Grub there,I wouldn't mind some chops like that,I am into sweet but bold things myself. I must have missed that post from bluus_ n_cues to try his rub, Oh well can't be on this thing all the time, You snooze you Lose, LOL Looks like a hungry bunch you got there.

Just received my sample also just in time for the weekend. used it on some baby backs. I know no pics didn't happen. 2 hours uncovered 2 hours wrapped and another hour uncovered. Thought the rub was fantastic. will definitly be getting more. Thanks again for the sample!

Good Home cooked meal. Remonds me of This.

HAHA!!:lol:

I was just thinking that, Norcomindreader!!!

Nice chops! I just got my sample on Sat. Haven't used yet....but liked the smell and taste of it! B&C....do you recommend for anything? Intended for poultry? pork? beef?

Excellent job on the chops, must be why everyone is smiling. Now I know what I'm cooking for dinner tonight.

It will take mine longer to go from either local airport JFK or LGA,(assuming it came to NY by air)
to get to me than it took to develop the rub !!
Hoping it comes today

Nice looking chops

HAHA!!:lol:

I was just thinking that, Norcomindreader!!!

Nice chops! I just got my sample on Sat. Haven't used yet....but liked the smell and taste of it! B&C....do you recommend for anything? Intended for poultry? pork? beef?
i use it on pork but it should be good on chix too.i haven't tried it on beef. also,to me it tastes a bit salty out of the jar but it loses that in the cook. i spritz w/ a mix of apple,cranberry,& lemon.

Back