how to keep pulled pork warm vending

We are hoping to one day buy one of those that runs on propane. We rent one once in a while and our rental guy laughs at us whenever we ask if we can buy it. Although, I have no clue where I would store it if I actually owned one of our very own. We also use apple juice or broth to keep the food moist in the steam tables. If the product sits in there too long we just toss it, but that rarely happens.
I have an 8 burner (2 propane tank) grill that I use. It holds 4 full hotel pans without a problem. Nice part is that if I only need 3 pans I can use the space for fresh grilled chicken & bugers. Only takes one burner per pan to keep the steam water hot.

Bought it at Sams for $400.00

There are plenty of ways to keep pulled pork warm. Not all of them are Health Dept approved if you are apt to get inspected. Crock pots are not legal--Rival home roasters are not legal. Chafing trays are legal if they are marked NSF. Steam tables are legal. Propane fired steam tables sometimes fail fire dept inspection if you are serving out of a tent.

I have seen broth, apple juice, water mixed with liquid smoke or other things added to pulled pork to keep it moist.

There are plenty of ways to keep pulled pork warm. Not all of them are Health Dept approved if you are apt to get inspected. Crock pots are not legal--Rival home roasters are not legal. Chafing trays are legal if they are marked NSF. Steam tables are legal. Propane fired steam tables sometimes fail fire dept inspection if you are serving out of a tent.

I have seen broth, apple juice, water mixed with liquid smoke or other things added to pulled pork to keep it moist.

What he said. Therefore the link that holysmoke provided is the way to go. No crockpots or home roaster ovens. That is if you want to do it right.

When we have vended at rodeo's and the like, we fire up the Spice for cooking and dial in the Backwoods for keeping the food warm. Can easily keep the backwoods at 140 degrees. Once the cooking is done on the Spice, we like to put the pulled pork in pans on teh spice to keep the smoke going.
Had to explain all of this to the HD when they inspected us the first time and they had no problems as long as we kept the food in the safe zones.
We cook our baked beans in roasters and have not been inspected during their use, will have to find out if those are ok around here.

I've purchased a holding cabinet to keep all of the meat warm. I'm not up and running yet with my vending operation (very soon!) so I haven't tested it on pulled pork, but I have with brisket and ribs and it worked awesome. I assume pulled pork should work just fine as well.

I've purchased a holding cabinet to keep all of the meat warm. I'm not up and running yet with my vending operation (very soon!) so I haven't tested it on pulled pork, but I have with brisket and ribs and it worked awesome. I assume pulled pork should work just fine as well.

Which holding cabinet do you have? I am able to successfully hold pulled pork in my cambro's but not so much with my ribs.

Back