One Final Challenge.

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
GUYS...

Our last auction raised over 3 grand for smoke-n-my-i. Amazing...

I have one more challenge for us, which puts my pride on the line. So this ones a favor. This auction led to something that I spewed out... beating my chest when challenged. I may have overstepped my bounds and put my foot in my mouth.. But I have faith. :redface:

I bid on a baby Blanket that JPW23 put up for Auction and I promised to send the blanket to Baby Carmella. Baby Carmella is BBQ Mafia and Mrs. Mafias little girl that was born on April 1 with a birth defect that has kept her in the hospital for the first 2 months of her time here. She is still in the hospital and they keep us up to date in this D&R thread.

At bidding time for the blanket, i was challenged to a bidding war for 'best uncle'.

Best Uncle?? Pfffttt.... I declined the bidding war.. it was small beans.

Instead, I offered an alternative.

If we can raise $1000 dollars to start a trust fund for Baby Carmella
my opponent will shave his head and eyebrows in public, video taped and put on youtube.

The counter offer was
$1000 dollars for a shaved head
$1250 dollars for a shaved and Beard
$1500 dollars for shaved head, beard and eyebrows.

They offered a full waxing for $2500,
but based on no pictures didn't happen
I declined. I dont think we want to see those photos.

The shavings will be done at the Chili cookoff on July 12 to benefit the Milwaukee Childrens Hospital, video taped and put on Your tube. The funds go to the parents of Carmella, from us, to start a trust fund.

The opponents: DiveMaster and TxScutte. They are willing to loose the lox for Carmella.

If we come through, they loose their follicles and get to look like me. If we dont make it?? Well.. I dont want to think about that.

I open up with $100 (and the blanket, which i won the bidding on)
Believe it or not, TxSchute sold off Lola for $130 and added it to the pot so we are at $230 already and have until July 12 to make the goal.

We can do this thru more auctions or just pledges. Any new auctions opened from Sunday 6/1 will go to this cause and once we fill bill in, i will split the forums and clean things up. We have until July 12 and I hope we can pull it off, I know its asking for more after everyone was so generous for Bills auction, but that is what led to this one. We need less than $800 dollars in 6 weeks. I'm gonna start looking for more stuff to auction.

thanks guys.. :redface::cool:

BTW, the Mafias can no longer see this forum for now, but they have been so busy with Carmella, i don think they even know.

I say that if we hit $2000 that not only does the shaving to dive & schutte happen but with the extra money raised the Poohbah has to go for a manicure/pedicure/eyebrow waxing at a nail salon in the mall and we video for youtube as well.

Phil, do you have a link where we can donate directly like before, and what will be the structure for the new Auctions if we go that route (to differentiate from the old auctions)?

wow this is a very nice idea! being a barber, i naturally wanted to do the shaving of said heads but being it is in milwaulkee... oh well. but i would like to offer my services to this cause so i will cut, style and do shaves for any long island Brethren and their families (or elswhere if they want to make the trip to the shop) with all proceedes going to Baby Carmella! so... who's shaggy?
pm me for appointment and location!

Phil, do you have a link where we can donate directly like before, and what will be the structure for the new Auctions if we go that route (to differentiate from the old auctions)?

I will set up a new area and web page for Carmella.

I say that if we hit $2000 that not only does the shaving to dive & schutte happen but with the extra money raised the Poohbah has to go for a manicure/pedicure/eyebrow waxing at a nail salon in the mall and we video for youtube as well.
But he has to do it wearing a leather mini skirt.

Im ignoring that last one. The $2500 full body wax may have to come back into play..SLEDNECK included.

BTW..HIS NICKNAME IS SASQUATCH

SURE.. NO PROBLEM.

And your in on the $1500 shaving with Divemaster and Txshutte.

And it gets done by Rookiedad at the Battle of the Brethren in Center Court right on the band stage.

SURE.. NO PROBLEM.

And your in on the $1500 shaving with Divemaster and Txshutte.

And it gets done by Rookiedad at the Battle of the Brethren in Center Court right on the band stage.
Sled: Put up or shut up.:mrgreen:

I got a couple more boxes of cherry to contribute! I love this auction stuff! It's for worthy causes and fun!

You do know that often eyebrows don;t grow back....Phil shaving his head....mmmmmm...redundant isn't it. But a$$ and back would be hilarious!!!! Let me get another item or two for the auction. Scott

:lol::lol::lol:....Too funny.....this is GREAT!!!!! :p Could somone point me to the donation page.....I can't find it.

If Rookiedad is volunteering his services, maybe a bunch of LI Brethren should go down en masse and get haircuts/head shaves and have the $ go to the fund.

It was a generous offer and I need a haircut anyway.

Eric

This is great. I'm teaching a "How to Build UDS" class in a few weeks. All proceeds go to the fund! If that doesn't put you over the top phil - I don't know what will. Divemaster - you are so going down! That is just dang funny.

Tx - Never met you, can't say - but have you told your wife yet?

wow this is a very nice idea! being a barber, i naturally wanted to do the shaving of said heads but being it is in milwaulkee... oh well. but i would like to offer my services to this cause so i will cut, style and do shaves for any long island Brethren and their families (or elswhere if they want to make the trip to the shop) with all proceedes going to Baby Carmella! so... who's shaggy?
pm me for appointment and location!
I am but I may wait another month before I get a hair cut just for the fark of it....

You do know that often eyebrows don;t grow back....Phil shaving his head....mmmmmm...redundant isn't it. But a$$ and back would be hilarious!!!! Let me get another item or two for the auction. Scott
I said cut not waxed....

Divemaster - you are so going down! That is just dang funny.
I can feel the love bro... Just all warm and fuzzy inside....

Tx - Never met you, can't say - but have you told your wife yet?
I told my GF... Her comment was "What, are you stupid?!?!"... My reply was "Yup, guess I am."

She is warming to the idea... I told her not to worry, Phil can't pull this off....

Count me in for a couple boxes of Texas Peecan to put for auction. It's all about the Brethren Spirt and helping others!!

Back