How to Transport a XL BGE 350 miles in the bed of my truck?

jetfxr27

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Any suggestions? I'll be transporting this thing along with a table. Wondering about leaving it in the table and just strap over the top of the table and egg. Really don't want to crack the egg!

Will the table fit in you bed completely? If so I would just keep it in the table and strap the legs to the truck (2 legs to each side of the truck)

I've traveled with mine strapped to the wall of my enclosed trailer sitting in an Egg Nest many times with no problems. In a table strapped in to the bed of your truck should be fine. Lifting it up and in (and back out) will be the hard part.

I would remove the inner ceramics (firebox and ring) and wrap them separately. The bumps and vibration could cause them to crack if left inside. Just my view from transporting my XL BGE. I also use moving blankets to cushion the Egg.

I would remove the inner ceramics (firebox and ring) and wrap them separately. The bumps and vibration could cause them to crack if left inside. Just my view from transporting my XL BGE. I also use moving blankets to cushion the Egg.

This, the inside ceramics crack way easier than the Egg itself.

When i move mine, mind you, it's not in a table, I strap the bottom of the egg down, some padding, and another strap over the top of the egg to make sure it's not bouncing, and the lid isn't bouncing. I also take out the guts and wrap them in blankets inside the truck

Well it made it. For those keeping score at home here is a picture.
Nested all the bottom parts in the BGE each piece wrapped in a heavy duty moving blanket.
Nested all the top parts also wrapped each piece in moving blankets. Fit all this under the table, add straps and were good.

10959738215_030d5cd527_m.jpg

Back