CL Sale then Score

uncblue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
A few weeks back, I scored a 22.5" Weber Silver Kettle that had been used only a handful of times with a cover, Weber Chimney, & some Kingsford for $50...
image-8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Well..... I stumbled across a Performer on CL with cover and charcoal baskets. and couple bags of Kingsford today so I set the hook, I mean appt to go see it..drove 25 miles to get there..asking price was $150... Negotiated him down to $90..

Before making the drive, I went ahead and posted my Kettle above without the chimney for $75...By the time I got home and unloaded the Performer, I already had an email and #....called & he was at the house in 15 mins with cash in hand...

Just enough time to spray out the Performer, check the Touch/Go system, & load it up for a clean out burn...She was running 500+ by the time he got there for the kettle :loco:

Today was a good day :boxing:

You can actually sell smokers on Craigslist? Don't you dare let my wife know this.

(Psssst, good job,)

I bought a goodie on CL - I just wanted on piece of it - I sold the rest to a buddy who was VERY happy to get it. One CL buy made two of us happy :cool:

Thanks all. I just picked up 80lbs of Kingsfordvtonight from Lowes for 12.99/40lb; nice cost savings over lump for those hot & fast cooks

Funny chit - wife is upstairs and looks out a bedroom window and sees it sitting on the ground by the deck; says I thought u sold the weber. Told her I did...starts shaking her head & she says so u bought "another grill". All I could do was smile & tell her it was a good deal.

Back