Trip to Costco = Prime Beef & Food Saver

V-wiz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Stopped by Costco tonight and finally picked up a food saver which was on sale for $120. And of-course i had to try it out, so i got some boneless Prime short ribs for 8.99 a pound. Ill grill them over the weekend and get some pics.

1r2442.jpg

ctead.jpg

I also purchased that Food Saver model at Costco. Already a good deal at regular price now on sale equals a very good deal. I now will order the marinade container for superfast marinating.

pardon my ignorance but do you just use the foodsaver so you can buy meats in bulk? I too have marinaded meat before hand and put in the freezer. I use just Ziploc or equivalant freezer bags, then i wrap it in a few Safeway plastic bags.

What cant you seal I get lb blocks of special high fat butter make for heartland resturant like 85% butther fat sealing leftovers.
Also will reseal chip bags.

I have the 2200 Foodsaver and I love it. Should I regret not spending a little more on the bigger models though? Didn't know if I was really missing out on a lot of great features and stuff. Not too late for me to return it I don't think.

pardon my ignorance but do you just use the foodsaver so you can buy meats in bulk? I too have marinaded meat before hand and put in the freezer. I use just Ziploc or equivalant freezer bags, then i wrap it in a few Safeway plastic bags.
This FoodSaver model has a special Quick Marinate Cycle (It lasts only 10 minutes and you need the Quick Marinate container) that alternates between vacuuming and resting the meat that will allow for quicker marinating. I'm really looking forward to trying this as I've heard good things about it.

I have the 2200 Foodsaver and I love it. Should I regret not spending a little more on the bigger models though? Didn't know if I was really missing out on a lot of great features and stuff. Not too late for me to return it I don't think.
I had the V2490 model (Another Costco purchase) but it was getting older and decided to upgrade because this one was on sale and takes up less space on my already crowded counter. The Quick Marinating Cycle was also a big plus.

id love to grill them in the Wood fired oven but im not firing it up this weekend. Im insulating the dome and adding the stucco finish.

Here is the update, working on the oven and grilling.

W-Sauce, Santa Maria rub & Montreal Steak seasoning, how i like all of my steaks.

30kc84g.jpg

33w60pz.jpg

34io2tu.jpg

Be careful with what Costco calls prime beef.

I have purchased LOTS of beef of all cuts from Costco over many years, and my experience is that Costco's grading of beef is conservative. In other words, I've routinely bought beef marked "Choice" that was better than beef marked "Prime" in other stores. I'm almost always impressed with the quality of the beef I purchase at Costco.

So I too would be interested in hearing your thoughts on Costco grading of beef. Sounds like you have a different experience, always good to hear from others . . . .

Here is the update, working on the oven and grilling.

W-Sauce, Santa Maria rub & Montreal Steak seasoning, how i like all of my steaks.

30kc84g.jpg

33w60pz.jpg

34io2tu.jpg

VWiz, these boneless ribs look outstanding. I think I may have to motor over to Costco and look for some in the meat cooler!!

Back