• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Maverick brand UDS- anyone seen these?

I think this is great for those that cant weld or have the skills to build a uds. Another option is awesome but they should have done a weber lid :shock:

Actually, it does look to have some interesting options. I like the door, although that could be a whole new headache as far as leakage and temp control, easy control vents, and as mentioned pretty good for those like me that don't do the whole welding thing. I just purchased a PBC myself, primarily because of the size( after considering the good reviews of course), I just don't have room for a big 55 gal job. The price point doesn't seem to terrible either, considering you get the ET-732 also.

As mentioned, should be interesting to follow thw reviews.

That's farkin' great!

LOL...

I like the design, except for the water bowl (I fill my WSM with sand), but it does allow for the second grate.

ROFLOL...

The price point isn't bad either, they should offer an upgrade to the 732, but other than that, I like it!

...still laughing at the whole UDS vs PBC controversy...SMDH...

Yeah if it gets more people in to drum smoking I can dig it. Interesting design. My first impression is it misses whole drum smoker thing, which is the awesome flavor from the fats and juices dripping on the coals!

I noticed these on Mavericks website last year when I was looking for info on replacing a temp probe. I figured the brethren were ignoring it because of a) the cost- $419 list, and b) making it yourself is more satisfying.

My concern is that the it may be finished inside with hi-temp paint rather than enamelled like a WSM, and the hatch looks leaky.

Honestly fella's I dont think the Brethren would be happy with it and I have even steered people away from it that I know are hardcore smokers like you farkers ... The door is riveted on and in the process does cause air leaks ... and a little leaky in other area's BUT I do keep it on my site and for a 1st time smoker learning the ropes .. price point is there so it works .. not trying to keep anyone form buying just dont think you will be happy ...

Honestly fella's I dont think the Brethren would be happy with it and I have even steered people away from it that I know are hardcore smokers like you farkers ... The door is riveted on and in the process does cause air leaks ... and a little leaky in other area's BUT I do keep it on my site and for a 1st time smoker learning the ropes .. price point is there so it works .. not trying to keep anyone form buying just dont think you will be happy ...

Wow, thanks for the honesty.

I would not steer anyone wrong ... I have had guys buy it then tweak it to fix the air leaks and use it ... but most people want something they can burn in and use right away and not worry about the air leaks and sealing it up ...

The door is a deal killer.

the interior guts look well made and might give the best of both worlds for direct/indirect cooking. just not the cooker for me.

I think it's like the lighter fluid thing, it wants to appeal to the general masses.

I remember a post by 5-O about it when it came out. Seems like a reasonable unit. I typically steer people who don't like to build things towards a WSM. For the right price, this could be another option, like the PBC. But it is a UDS, as the ad says.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

I think it is a very cool 3 piece design and wouldn't hesitate to hang meat in there as well. It looks like the drum was custom rolled to their specs. and the rolled edge where the door is adds strength and rigidity to an otherwise weak area on the WSM (I do think the door design would be better if it were removable as opposed to hinged). The only thing I'd like to know is what gauge steel they used for the drum before making a purchase.

Last edited:
.8mm Thick, Just look at my post about the air leaks so you know my opinion on it ...

Thanks for the response, the air leaks didn't scare me but the thickness is a deal breaker for me .8 mm puts it between 21-22 GA had it been in the 20-18 GA range I would be all over it. Thanks for your honesty and yes that was me that asked the question on e-bay.

Back