BBQ Pitmasters - Memphis Style - Coming Up...

Mr. Wayne,UNFORTUNATELY ,MOST Memphis Bbq is disappointing nowadays.:mad: There are a FEW good ones left but not many.The good ones are in a part of town that you need armed bodyguards to visit.There are a few newer one but they are so commercialized it is sickening.

Yep, I was carrying my Concealed Carry when visiting Marlowe's in Aug.. I wasnt that impressed with the food, as was expecting better.:mad2: being from Mexifornia, what do I know about BBQ?? Did have some good stuff just north of Lexington, KY at Fat Boys BBQ..:clap2:

Holy cross contamination Batman, did you see Craig rub those chicks?

I thought the exact same thing. I was wondering if he was just gonna chuck the bucket o rub after prepping the birds or not. I see that kind of stuff all the time on both TV and on the comp circuit and always wonder how it gets missed. People just don't seem to get that when you put on a pair of gloves it's not some magical barrier that doesn't cross-contaminate. You STILL have to be concsious of what you're handling even if you have gloves on.

I was at a comp once where a guy put on gloves, made beef hamburger patties, cooked them and then proceeded to sit down and EAT the burger WITH THE GLOVES STILL ON! :doh::shocked:

When they brought out the band saw I started to glance over at my wife and she instantly responded, "no freaking way dont even get any ideas...." :doh:

When I saw the band saw, my first thought was........now if they didn't know what they were cooking, HOW did they know to bring THAT? Perhaps they just brought the whole restaurant just in case, but.....?

Dissapointing episode, Tie Dye followed the chicken rules and his ribs were just a little dark. Big deal. Wish he won

One thing for sure, the finale is going to be an interesting episode.

Yea, this episode wasn't that good IMO. These guys seemed to have a hard time following the rules and I really don't understand how you can undercook chicken with all the time you have to get it done. 2 of these guys are Q rest. owners and I got the feeling that they don't spend much time manning their pits anymore. Could be wrong.

Especially when you have 3 birds..... cook the breast perfectly on two of them, select the finest white meat from them and forget the dark meat. On the third one, don't worry about the breast, cook the dark meat to 180°+ and use it in the box. :rolleyes:

They only had a five hour window to make the cooks. No doubt the ribs needed to get started but these were BB's not spares. But how come they didnt get the chicken swimming first? At best they had a one hour brine.

What's wrong with injecting your brine? I do that all the time with a slightly lite version,..... injecting is better than thinking that osmosis will work in one hour........ 'cause it won't.

I have Comcast X-Finity...does anyone know what Station it is on?...Like Discovery? Thanks in Advance !!

At least the one whi turned in raw meat in a cooking contest lost and the one that cooked the most authentic Memphis style BBQ won. That's a lot better than what we saw in season 2 with sliced pork and cole slaw winning a pulled pork contest.

I have Comcast X-Finity...does anyone know what Station it is on?...Like Discovery? Thanks in Advance !!

I live in Seattle where it's on channel 695. But the network you are looking for is Destination America.

Mr. Wayne,UNFORTUNATELY ,MOST Memphis Bbq is disappointing nowadays.:mad: There are a FEW good ones left but not many.The good ones are in a part of town that you need armed bodyguards to visit.There are a few newer one but they are so commercialized it is sickening.

'Sup homes! Tiene problemas con mi barrio ese? :boxing:

Viva Nutbush!!!

Last edited:
I've competed against 10 bones before.... And yes they bring the whole restaurant everywhere they go!

Back