View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
LM600
Full Fledged Farker

I also have the Pro Q CSG and have to say I have totally destroyed it with so much use! (That's a positive...if it was cr*p I'd have binned it ages ago!)

It does produce a thin sliver of blue smoke.

I cure some pork loin roasts and then cold smoke for 5 x 12hr (or about 5 days in total). This may seem excessive, but I enjoy the very, very intense smoked back bacon taste and aroma.
The cold smoking usually occurs overnight, so I'll light it when I get in from work and remove the bacon to the fridge the next day before work and repeat.
I then rest for a day or so, partially freeze and slice.

Cheese, I just leave on until the CSG has burnt out....I wrap it in greaseproof paper and tin foil then leave in the fridge for about a week.

Smoked tomatoes are good as are home made chipotles :)

I wasn't impressed with garlic, but I reckon that was down to me being an idiot rather than the CSG.

I hope you have fun with this little bit of kit. I have found that drying the sawdust out in a low oven for an hour or so really helps with the burn and also cleaning the CSG after EVERY use, otherwise you'll get tar deposits building up blocking the O2 flow through the fine mesh.

If I can help out Mate, just give us a shout.

Cheers.
LM600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->