Mini UDS

S

smokingbarrel

Does anyone know if a mini UDS made from a 10 or 16 gallon drum would work? I love my 55 gallon but was thinking about making something that could go in the back of the car and could smoke small pork butts.

My concern is the rack would be too close to the coals...

I have a 30 that I'm half way done with. My purpose was to make my sides in it and use it for travel.
Never seen a 10 or 16?

28x18ish
The small one is the 30 and the rest are 55's
21D8FFCF-F0CB-441A-A1FA-CC0727632412-902-000000F6DBA6B4F9.jpg

16s work great. Many also fit perfectly in a Smokey Joe for a taller 2 or 3 rack Mini WSM. Then you can get your charcoal basket on the SJ charcoal grate for plenty of extra spacing from the food.

Build it just like a large UDS and you'll be Phine...I've got 2 grates in it and you could install a deflector thingy if you don't the way she handles.

I've got a 16 gallon drum that I'm going to make a mUDS out of this spring. Conveniently, the tamale pot from my miniWSM (SmokerJoe) fits right on top of it (I attached the tamale pot lid to the bottom of the tamale pot), so I'll be able to get even more grill space. I am going to do it UDS style, as opposed to having the whole thing sit on top of the Smokey Joe bottom.

Attachments

• extended mWSM.jpg
    extended mWSM.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Back