View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #22
bbq.tom
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Dogs View Post
Mind you I just wrote down a few there in my suggestion off the top of my head. I think by adding just a couple to each that we could probably hit the 98th percentile or better, and also hit the good old reliable KISS rule too.
Hance, Initially I didn't like the idea of a "check mark the appropriate box" as it limits judges to not think for themselves; HOWEVER, the more I've thought about it the more I like the idea of a check box system! It sure would speed up comment cards (slowing down the whole judging system being my pet peeve), as instead of having to think too hard about what to write, you could just check the most appropriate box to what conditions you found. HOPEFULLY, this would encourage more judges to leave comment cards for low scores! Not much makes me madder as a judge than to hear someone else at my table state that they gave a low score and know that they didn't fill out a card!!!
Not much makes me madder as a cook than to know that someone gave a low score and they didn't fill out a card too!!!

I would suggest a different comment card for each category (appearance, taste, & tenderness) so that there could be a variety of options particular to each category without being so small you couldn't read them.
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CBJ - MBN, NCBS, NCPC, SBN[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CTC - KCBS[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]4 Lil' Pigs Competition BBQ Team[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]270-Sumo, LANG, BDS, & Holland Epic[/COLOR][/SIZE]
bbq.tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->