Name the comp contest???

M

Matt_A

What do you folks think? I need a good, memorable name for my new comp here in Oklahoma. I'm looking for something that can also translate in artwork relatively easily, be memorable and attract sponsors.

Any suggestions? Should I hold a naming contest? :confused:

It's a charity benefit for our regional food bank, it will be KCBS sanctioned.

Inaugural BBQ cook-off in Norman, Oklahoma at the USPS training center. Late July 2012. Will seek a KCBS sanction.The Classic, Cook-off, Championship tags are interchangeable.

These are some of the names already suggested:

2012 Sooner Smokin' Summer Classic
2012 Sooner Smoke BBQ Cook-off

2012 Spirit Smoke BBQ Classic
2012 Burnt Ends BBQ Championship
2012 Sooner Stick Burner BBQ Championship
2012 Smokin' Okie BBQ Challenge
2012 Sooner Charity BBQ Championship
2012 Midsummer Madness BBQ Challenge
2012 Spirit in the Smoke BBQ Classic

open to any ideas. :eek:)

Late July in OKC? :crazy:

How about "2012 Summer BBQ Sweatfest?"

CD :becky:

I kinda like a combination of:

Smokin' Okie Summer Classic

Smokin' Norman BBQ Classic. Have a little Pig in a barrel grill with tracks and a turret...an homage to Stormin Norman...

Neil

*sigh*

:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

Helpful Jacked Up, really helpful... :thumb:

Norman is home to the National Severe Weather Center right? How bout something tied in with them?
Like Norman's Smokin' Western Classic...Use the Same acronym as the Weather lab then you could have a logo that highlights something promenient in the town...Like a Pig on a Tornado or the like?

I believe it's the National Severe Storms Lab NSSL..

I wonder if Smokin' Up A Storm might be tempting fate....

I see a twister, (coming out of the smoke stack of a smoker) with a wild-eyed cow, chicken and pig with heads sticking out of the sides of the funnel cloud.

how about Armistead's BBQ Buddies

+1`Sooners SUCK

or

Sooners cant even beat Longhorns, Bama made Tebow and McCoy cry, Roll Tide BBQ!!

no, wait, that one's already been taken... Nevermind.

July in OK is HOT. I did one July 15 and convinced me I don't need to be in OK in July. I think it was 115 in the shade with 15 mph convection oven winds. Ug

wow..

how about Armistead's BBQ Buddies

+1`Sooners SUCK

or

Sooners cant even beat Longhorns, Bama made Tebow and McCoy cry, Roll Tide BBQ!!

no, wait, that one's already been taken... Nevermind.

Too bad I'm not enough of a Sooner fan to get offended by this.... :crazy:

Misting fans

July in OK is HOT. I did one July 15 and convinced me I don't need to be in OK in July. I think it was 115 in the shade with 15 mph convection oven winds. Ug

That's one of the reasons I'm looking into misting fans for each team's site and a concept called a Cool Walk or Mist Walk where you walk along a path that has a row of misters to cool you off. There will also be an air-conditioned team/staff room where you can cool off, use an indoor restroom and get free munchies (maybe even cold beer).

Back