Brisket UN-appreciation thread

Tim/Tim: It's MisterBob who I couldn't think of when we were talking the other day. I'm not sure who is more responsible for the perpetual puddle of drool on my floor, him or CowGirl. Check out his blog if you haven't - epic.

Tim/Tim: It's MisterBob who I couldn't think of when we were talking the other day. I'm not sure who is more responsible for the perpetual puddle of drool on my floor, him or CowGirl. Check out his blog if you haven't - epic.

Agreed, they definitely put out some amazing BBQ.

When I judge brisket at contests, I judge according to the KCBS standards. However, my personal preference is brisket that is cooked a little more tender than the KCBS ideal.

Does that put me in the He Man Brisket Haters club or in the He Man Brisket Lovers Club?

A properly done flat is the hands down favorite of everyone in my family, myself included. Sure we love chuckies, sirloin tip roast, brisket point, and pretty much everything I've cooked on the smoker, but the flat is numero uno round here. :wink:

When I judge brisket at contests, I judge according to the KCBS standards. However, my personal preference is brisket that is cooked a little more tender than the KCBS ideal.

Does that put me in the He Man Brisket Haters club or in the He Man Brisket Lovers Club?

You sound like a lover to me :becky:

A properly done flat is the hands down favorite of everyone in my family, myself included. Sure we love chuckies, sirloin tip roast, brisket point, and pretty much everything I've cooked on the smoker, but the flat is numero uno round here. :wink:

Nothing wrong with that :thumb:, you can certainly have mine :becky:

That puts you and I in the same boat, but I know I am a brisket lover.

"When I judge brisket at contests, I judge according to the KCBS standards. However, my personal preference is brisket that is cooked a little more tender than the KCBS ideal.

Does that put me in the He Man Brisket Haters club or in the He Man Brisket Lovers Club?"

I'm with you Boshizzle. And if you really want to woo me - give me some burnt ends.

You sound like a lover to me :becky:

Nothing wrong with that :thumb:, you can certainly have mine :becky:

I think that's part of the appeal for many brisket cooks. It's a crappy cut of meat that can be made into something that's not only edible but really delicious if done right. Doesn't take much effort to make a great tasting ribeye. :wink:

Thanks for reminding me! Doing a full packer hot & fast tomorrow :thumb:

I am most looking forward to the burnt ends, though.

17 pages of Spam and Eggs? jeez, c'mon people.....oh wait, wrong thread :icon_blush:

THIS is the REAL TRI-TIP. One tip at the point and two tips at the flat! Long live BRISKET!:thumb:

Attachments

• briskie 002.JPG
    briskie 002.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 94
^^^Why do they sell flats, but not points?

Prolly better for my health that they don't.

Back