• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Shipping Pods...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Do any of you folks use a shipping company to send your equipment ahead to a comp site? Like... "The Jack"...:becky: I'm looking in to it...just in case...:wink: Thanks...
JD

JD I have heard of folks taking a road trips with there gear in tow and leaving it with friends for the next year when they come back to that contest. IE Daytona FL. Your idea sounds interesting especially for your location.

Do any of you folks use a shipping company to send your equipment ahead to a comp site? Like... "The Jack"...:becky: I'm looking in to it...just in case...:wink: Thanks...
JD

For all the stuff you guys have, you might want to use Mayflower :p.

Pod ... Jack ... hummm ... kinda like that idea. Would they leave the Pod on site to use to sleep in?

Last edited:
I have a portable space heater I can load in the Pod. Add lighting while it's in the driveway too.

Unless I had a auto to the Jack... I would not be giving any bad mojo for chances of going by planning anything... I've seen guys that appear to be auto's, not make it. Sure can't count on your bung being pulled, when it's not 100% sure...

I have a couple of bungs. I have not yet asked for the days off. I will just carry my lucky bung and hickory nut to Mesquite for the draw. that's about all you can do.

The team I cooked with at MIM this year had a PODS (Or something similar) dropped off and picked up. Seemed very convenient for load in/out, sleeping, and other activities. I could get in touch and see who they used, but I thought it was a service of MIM.

dmp

Just got off the phone with a PODS rep...$3324.51 to ship a 8x7x7 container one way to Lynchburg from Duvall...:shock:...on the bright side...it's $195.00 cheaper on the way back...:rolleyes: Looks like we're driving...:becky:...(hopefully)...:wink:

I have a couple of bungs. I have not yet asked for the days off. I will just carry my lucky bung and hickory nut to Mesquite for the draw. that's about all you can do.

I'm sure there will be more than a few laptops with the refresh button being toggled at Mesquite on Friday afternoon. Last year they held the draw on Thursday so it was refresh pandemonium on the drive there!

Sorry for the derailment, but am I the only one who thinks that "hotshot loads" belongs in the woodpile?

dmp

I started to reply and apologize thinking you did not like the drivers ... I mean truck drivers. I'll shut up.

Just got off the phone with a PODS rep...$3324.51 to ship a 8x7x7 container one way to Lynchburg from Duvall...:shock:...on the bright side...it's $195.00 cheaper on the way back...:rolleyes: Looks like we're driving...:becky:...(hopefully)...:wink:

Good luck Hope you get in

Oh, just cram it all in a minivan. That's what we'll be doing.
shiner.gif

Good luck! :thumb:

Just buy new cookers and canopies when you get to TN... Leave them when you go home. :becky:

Better yet, buy new stuff as previously suggested, but store it in Tennessee until next year's Jack. I know a great place.

dmp

I'll assume at this point that no one (in their right mind) has used pods for a long distance comp...:becky: Hey Danielle...any room left in your mini-van...:twisted:

Back