Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Midwest BBQ Throwdown Aug. 20 - 21, Mt. Morris, MI

• Thread starter Midwest BBQ & Blues
  • Start date
We are also trying to coordinate a Pot Luck - If you remember last years you will want to partake!! Right now it looks like it will be a "Beggars Banquet" meaning everyone will bring a side dish or an item for the main dish. This could be a low country boil or something along those lines.
More details to follow...

Disappointing it's not a qualifier yet. If it gets to 24 let me know. I think I can make it but of course would not want to pay an additional fee for making it a qualifier.

our email is fixed now

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got word that if you commit by August 15th the late fee is waived. We need 2 teams to make it a qualifier!!

I sent them an email saying I will come if #24 signs up. So they need 1 to make it. Anybody going to step up?

I sent them an email saying I will come if #24 signs up. So they need 1 to make it. Anybody going to step up?

If everyone did this... Contests wouldn't have teams show up. Sometimes you just have to support the local comps and count on the organzier to get the teams... then you actually have to go out and win it... which isn't guaranteed by anyone...

I've already got something going for Sunday so doing this is going to push me but in order to help out 24 teams I will do it. I'd rather not go as it's going to make a real tough weekend for me. I'm doing 7 out of 8 in MI this year and this would be all of them. Not a lot of cooks out there support the local comps that much.

I need to order briskets if I'm doing this so my cutoff is noon tomorrow. Hopefully I'll hear or somebody at the contest will hear. I plan to take their phone number with me tomorrow.

I understand they have 24 teams as of yesterday (Thursday 8/12/2010)... For anyone that is sitting on the fence, the late fee is waived if you commit by 8/15/2010...

Excellent News!!

I just want to pass on a few other items. The GLBBQA will be hosting a Potluck Friday evening in the judges tent. This years theme is "Low Country Boil" we have everything for the boil but we need side dishes,desserts and/or other main dishes.

Also in the past we have received parking passes in the mail prior to the event, this year they are handing them out at the gate as you check in.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!!

Back