Deep Fried Prime Rib Recipes Needed

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
I've had it several times..... and had a good recipe from an oilfield service company caterer, but can't put my finger on it. Can anyone help me out? My buddy wants to do a smoked one and a deep fried one for X-Mas.

Here ya go:

Ingredients
1 Prime Rib or large cut of beef
3 gallons peanut oil
1 turkey pot with hook and stand or boiling basket
2 tsp ground rosemary or freshly chopped fresh rosemary
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
paper towels or bread slices
1 long slim knife, like a fillet knife
Instructions
The night before you plan to serve your priime rib mix salt, pepper and rosemary and rub the meat with it liberaly. Cover the meat and place it in the refrigerator over night. The roast needs to come to room temperature before frying so remember to remover from refrigerator around an hour to an hour and a half before frying.

Heat 3 gallons of peanut oil to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.

Slowly lower the prime rib into 360 degree oil. You can expect the oil to drop in temperature quickly, probably down to approx. 325, turn the heat up on the burner to bring back up to 350, then level off temperature.Cook the prime for 3 minutes per pound of weight for medium rare steaks. 4 minutes per pound for Medium.

Carefully remove from hot oil let rest for 10 minutes, (Try using sliced bread to drain on vs. paper towels) slice and serve.

Whoa. Never saw that one coming...

Might need to gear up! Thanks guys.

My FIL went to some place in Branson and had fried steak. He say that they impaled one on each tine of a hay fork (like a pitch fork) then lowered all four or five into the oil. He said it was one the best steaks he has ever had (Note: He loves Chilis ribs).

NUTZ

ONE of the VERY FEW times I've been SPEACHLESS! :shocked:

Trail chuck wagon cooking included a lot of deep fried meat. People deep fry everything from ribs to twinkies. I like to start cooking with the oil around 375f and keep it around 350f when the meat is in. Most meats start to float when they are done. Pull a prime rib before it floats for rare. Make sure that all water is removed from the meat before it hits the hot oil.

If it was not you ThirdEye, posting this I'd have not even, looked at this thread.

Farkin' FRIED Prime Rib???:crazy:

Why the fark would you do that to such a top cut! :shocked:

Now I might have to try it. That's if I can find a big enough vessel...

Cheers!

Bill

It's a new one for me too. If you are able to get some pics that would be awesome.

Now I gotta start hitting that search function. I love my Prime Rib and I love deep fried Turkey but I got to admit, the thought of a deep fried Prime Rib has never even entered my pea picking mind :shock:

do you think it could be given a little smoke on the cooker and THEN deep fried to finish?

anybody try this with turkey?

If it was not you ThirdEye, posting this I'd have not even, looked at this thread.

Farkin' FRIED Prime Rib???:crazy:

Why the fark would you do that to such a top cut! :shocked:

Now I might have to try it. That's if I can find a big enough vessel...

Cheers!

Bill

LOL was thinking the same thing. Yah got me curious though.

Thanks for posting that recipe tish. The one thing I recall from every time I've eaten one is that the cooks mentioned that the amount of seasonings, marinade or injection, and the amount of blood takes a toll on the oil..... Since I was at big events, they always had several fryers set up and would only cook 3 or so batches in each fryer.

I can recall that some had a coarse seasoning, like Montreal Steak, and others were more like salt and pepper. One time the roasts were injected first. All the ones I've seen were boneless.

I'm glad you had a time per pound listed.... all I recall on that is that they used a formula of some sorts. I suppose you could take an internal temp toward the end of the cook if you had a steady helper to hold the roast.

do you think it could be given a little smoke on the cooker and THEN deep fried to finish?

anybody try this with turkey?

I was actually talking about the same thing with my buddy. He sometimes barbecues ribs until almost done, then deep fries them in 2-bone sections. Then they get re-seasoned while still hot. I suggested he try using lard next time and see what that does for the flavor (verses peanut oil)

DSC02665aaa.jpg

On a slightly related subject, in the Dakota's a popular bar appetizer is chislic. Basically fried cubes of meat (usually lamb, but it can be beef) that is sometimes marinated. It's seasoned at the table with garlic salt. I make my own version of garlic seasoning.

Back