Just joined the forum. My handle is "10degrees.south"

10degrees.south

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
I'm a South-African expat that now lives in the USA. South Africans are all carnivores and live and die for all things beef, pork, chicken, and venison.

I spent some time in Fort Worth and got hooked on Smoking. I now live in South Jersey (don't laugh. .), about 25 minutes east from Philadelphia just off Rt 73 near Berlin/Atco.

I built my first smoker, an offset, from a 55 gal drum and a water Jerry can as a firebox.

Learned some hard lessons on that beast... all about air controlled = temperature control.

I have since added a UDS and designed and built my own programmable temperature controller to run my pits using a Pit Viper fan from BBQ Guru.

I am constantly honing my skills and recently also started to make home cured holiday hams, pastrami and beacon from scratch.

I am an active participant on other social media sites related to BBQ & Smoking.

I have collected a large collection of recipes that I try out and fine tune to my own taste.

I used to compete in South African traditional bush cooking and may one day try the US competition circuit once I have enough confidence. ..

I am looking forward to being a member of this group and to learn from the experts.

Welcome to the Brethren. This is the best place on the Internet. I look forward to getting to know you. If you have a question, please use the search first. If you don't find the answer you want/need, open a new thread and ask it. You'll sure to get lots of answers. Some are correct. ha. Enjoy. Oh, we like pictures of equipment, food, etc., so please post.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome aboard, sit back and relax. The brisket is on the pit and the whiskey is on the counter.

Welcome to the Brethren!

You're going to love the way you cook, I guarantee it!
Welcome to the Brethren!:thumb:

Sorry for the delay, but Welcome aboard 10degrees.south, glad to have you here.

Don't be afraid to look around and explore the other forums.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back