which sauce might you pair with yardbird

I can give you a recipe for a Alabama white sauce that is out of this world. It's great with baked potato as well.

I don't know anything about Yardbird, but I like to put a good poultry rub on skinless, boneless breasts (the wife's on a diet), then coat them in a glaze I make mostly with Dijon, honey, Worcestershire sauce a little soy sauce, a little adobo sauce from canned chipotles and spices of choice. Smoke over apple and hickory low and slow. It looks pretty ugly so you might want to finish it on a grill, but the flavors are great the glaze keeps them from drying out (I pull them at around 155). Juicy as all hell.

sounds good. thanks

here's a marinade for boneless breasts ( turkey and chicken ) :
oil
garlic
balsamic
lime

really love that on grilled turkey cutlet.

Here's a mustard glaze I made last night and wrote it down. It was delish. I started by dry-brining the breasts, then hitting them with some of Meathead's Memphis Dust. After leaving them overnight, I coated with the following before smoking:

Craig's Mustard Glaze for Smoked Chicken

1 cup prepared mustard (I mixed Dijon, yellow and chipotle mustard)
2 Tbsp orange marmalade
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Jack Daniels
1 Tbsp BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika

Did ribs this weekend with Blues Hog for the first time, since it just showed up at our local emporium. Everybody loved it except for one person who thought it was a bit too sweet. I usually use SBR or KCM. Also tried HEB Texas style for the first tome this weekend and it is really good but it has a noticeable kick in the finish.

I smoked up some chicken quarters last night rubbed with Yardbird. Once the internal temp hit 165-170 I basted the chicken with Head Country and left it in the non-direct heat section of the Kettle. After 10 minutes I basted them again and put them over the coals for 2-3 minutes each side. It was delicious.

Attachments

• BBQ Chicken.jpg
    BBQ Chicken.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 15
Back