Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Cheddar Stuffed Pork Tenderloin (/w PRoN)

bmit

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hey long time lurker here decided I would post up a little article I made for a blog Im starting. You can see the blog here - http://troutsmenbbq.tumblr.com/

Anyways, I figured I would post the little how-to here! Hope you enjoy.

Heres a quick instructional on how to make this simple but very flavourful barbecued treat. Prep time- 1 hour.

What you will need for this recipe is the following:

1 Pork Tenderloin
1 lb of bacon (give or take)
2 Jalapenos
1 cup Cheddar cheese- grated
Rub of your choice- In this one I used a smoked paprika and rosemary blend, simple but complimented the flavour profile nicely.
Tinfoil
A digital meat thermometer
Charcoal grill(or propane if you must…)

tumblr_inline_momke2ka7x1qz4rgp.jpg

Start by butterflying the tenderloin. With a sharp knife make in incision lengthwise along the meat. Continue slicing in that manner while ‘unrolling’ the tenderloing. You should end of with a flat piece of pork about 1/4-1/2” thick.

tumblr_inline_momkj8DOjA1qz4rgp.jpg

Finely chop the jalapenos. You can decide to leave the seeds in the mix depending on how much spice you want. Sprinkle the jalapenos and cheese evenly over the slab of pork.

Once this is done you can roll the tenderloin up and set it aside.

Next make the bacon weave. It will take 10 or 12 strips. Take a look at the pic below and you can probably figure it out. If not heres a vid that shows how its done [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbY0umNbB0"]Bacon Weave - YouTube[/ame]

tumblr_inline_momknwDwGs1qz4rgp.jpg

Here you can see how I started wrapping the stuffed loin with the bacon weave.

tumblr_inline_moml039Cuo1qz4rgp.jpg

Heres the assembled product ready for grilling. To keep it from falling apart I took a skewer and weaved it through the bacon and the loin lengthwise, where the bacon joins together. Dont forget to remove this after its cooked (dont worry it will stay together). Sprinkle your rub evenly over the whole surface.

tumblr_inline_moml5sqkVH1qz4rgp.jpg

Place the probe of your meat thermometer through the center of the loin then wrap in tinfoil (matte side out) with the cable coming out of one end. Place on a hot grill (med-high setting on a gas grille). Rotate the package every couple of minutes.

Cook the loin in the tinfoil until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees Fahrenheit. This will take 20-30 minutes.

tumblr_inline_momldfffRA1qz4rgp.jpg

At this point the meat is almost cooked. Remove the tin foil and place the loin on the grill directly over the heat. You will need to constantly rotate the loin to evenly crisp the bacon. Keep your eye out for large flare-ups and try to not let the bacon burn. The loin will be cooked medium(slight pink center) at 140-145 degrees. If you like it a little more done I would take it to 150 degrees, but not much beyond that! Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes allowing the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.

tumblr_inline_momlprlF4c1qz4rgp.jpg

Remove the skewer and slice into 1 inch slices. Get them on a plate fast and serve as you will see the cheese will be oozing out of there pretty quickly!

There you have it, a few quick steps and you can impress your friends at the next cook-out.

Enjoy and please share!

-The Baileymon

Looks awesome! Nice work and thanks for sharing.

I lived in Squamish until just before the Olympics.

Back