Roll Call. Inside 30 days. SAMs Laurel, MD - WHO IS IN???

sdbbq1234

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Subject line says it.

KCBS web site shows 29 confirmed and does not show listof teams until all 30 are confirmed.

So, who is in? We got the email from Troy with the rules, guidelines stuff. It says teams will be loaded as they arrive.

So, who wants to go in before or after us? :wacko: I am thinking about waiting for Mike, Rolfe, Sal or Joel, but not sure who else is going and would want to have a goofy team like ours next to them............ :crazy:

Now that'd have posted this, I am sure everyone that sees our truck with a U-Haul will haul ass around us. :biggrin1:

Can't wait as it has been about 6-7 weeks since our last comp and I am getting anxiety again!!!

wallace

Here's the full list:

1. SeaDog BBQ
  2. HAWG Nation BBQ
  3. Rockin Robyns
  4. The BBQ Guru
  5. Aporkalypse Now
  6. Baby Got Butt (MD)
  7. Lyin Pigs
  8. Jokers and Smokers
  9. Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ
  10. Pigheaded BBQ
  11. Gypsy and the Biker BBQ
  12. peppermonkeybbq
  13. Brown Liquor BBQ
  14. Bone to Bark BBQ
  15. Eggstra Point BBQ
  16. Life Is Good, But BBQ Is Better
  17. Finn's Finest BBQ
  18. Can't Stop, Won't Stop BBQ
  19. Wilbur's Revenge
  20. Diesel Smoke BBQ
  21. Franklin County Moonswiners
  22. SIMPLY Q
  23. Badlands BBQ
  24. Party Pigs BBQ
  25. M & E BBQ
  26. Sir-Porks-Alot BBQ
  27. Pavone Brothers BBQ
  28. Uncle Pig's Barbeque Pit
  29. The Fat Pig
  30. Hambones by the Fire

Obviously HAWG Nation is in by reference to the list. I sure hope that list is indication of the final results.

Rockin' Robyn's will be there!
Load in is pretty easy as there is lots of room. We usually bring the carpet for this one as the asphalt gets hot.

Rockin' Robyn's will be there!
Load in is pretty easy as there is lots of room. We usually bring the carpet for this one as the asphalt gets hot.

Ah, very good advice on the carpet!

Thanks and we'll see you guys in a couple of weeks.

wallace

Baby Got Butt will be there. Looking forward to seeing everybody!

-Big John

Ok, so anxiety is setting in again. Been out of the comp scene too long. I am beginning to understand the need to compete often. That is for me anyways.

Thanks for the tip about bringing carpet from Rockin' Robyn team.

Any other tips that might help as this is our first SAMs comp?

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

wallace

Don't show up wearing this
0081348601048_P255045_300X300.jpg

Make sure to bring some red solo cups. Trust us. In fact I'll be our team gets a mention from Troy about this during the cooks meeting. :laugh:

Ok, so anxiety is setting in again. Been out of the comp scene too long. I am beginning to understand the need to compete often. That is for me anyways.

Thanks for the tip about bringing carpet from Rockin' Robyn team.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

wallace

We'll be there ... looking forward to it. Simple goal is to do better than we did last year in Pittsburgh. Enough said. My tip for you wallace, don't be late for awards! Troy runs a tight ship and if you are a few minutes late, you may have missed them completely! See you all there!

JM

Back