View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #79
OklaDustDevil
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDon View Post
Are you guys removing your pellets after you cook? I am just east of Raleigh NC and was wondering if I should worry about the humidity swelling up pellets. As of now I have the PG in the garage but wanted to move her to the back with the rest of the fleet
It will be covered when not in use.
I wondered the same thing, but I must confess I've had pellets sitting in my Mak 1-star since I bought it at Thanksgiving, and when I fired it up last week to smoke some ribs I had no issue. Mine not only has sat outside during that period, but my Mak was uncovered because they were out of covers until a couple weeks ago. And it's been a rather wet winter here by SoCal standards.

I was really unhappy having to let an electronic smoker, with a digital contoller, sit uncovered outside 4-5 months because Mak couldn't get itself organized enough to have more grill covers made. But when I finally ordered and received it, I now am even more dissatisfied. It looks like in an effort to have a one-size-fits-all cover (whether you install a front shelf, or side shelf, or both or neither), they've made such a generic cover that it doesn't fit well. I found mine had blown off last week, and I had it cinched down tight with the straps. Must have gotten a bit of wind under it. I've had many, many grills and smokers over the past 25 yrs and never had a cover blow off.

In any event, fortunately the whole cover situation does not at all match my experience with the 1-star itself, which has been fantastic. Too bad, because I'm sure the company would rather deliver a consistently excellent experience.
Chuckwagon Cookers Horizontal Offset Stickburner
Southern Cookers Vertical Stickburner[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
OklaDustDevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->