Is This A 26 Inch Kettle?

Oldhoss

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just spotted an ad for a "Weber, 26" BBQ, Coal Burning, 2 Years Old, Rarely Used".........here:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...ng-2-Years-Old-Rarely-Used-W0QQAdIdZ507803528

The vent is located dead middle on the lid and there is an upper hinged grill. That and a few other details I can notice from the single picture make me think this is not a Weber but a competing brand. Some of you have alot more experience with Kettles so I ask for your opinions. Up here in Canada a brand new 26 inch Kettle goes for $399 plus 13% tax so this little ad got my attention and then some.

That isn't a 26in Weber Kettle. 26in weber kettles still use the tri-pod design for legs. Also I am not aware of any Weber Kettle that is hinged. The wheels also do not look like any Weber wheels.

That isn't a 26in Weber Kettle. 26in weber kettles still use the tri-pod design for legs. Also I am not aware of any Weber Kettle that is hinged. The wheels also do not look like any Weber wheels.

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for you input.

You may be correct. Whatever it is it would not be near as good as the "Real Thing". No way am I going to drive a couple hours + to buy something "not worthy".

It definitely does not look anything like a Weber at all, especially my Weber 26.75 OTG.

Looks like the 26 1/2" Masterbuilt (or something like that) that either lowes or hd was selling. It would be great buy for that person who was looking for a kettle lid for his 85 gallon drum.

Back