Reverse sear ribeyes

Been doing the reverse sear on anything up to and over 3/4" thick and have never gone back. SO JUICY!!!

I did it last summer and haven't looked back. I think it produces a more tender and juicy product than the conventional sear.

Now that I think about it, I actually do eat them into rectangles. :caked: I dunno why, it just happens.

And no steaks left. The 2 other steaks my roommates had, both like them medium well, and I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of the travesty!

can't even cook that travesty. :shocked:

You loaded your chimney with half pecan wood and half lump? I have never heard of that one before. I would think it would smoke like crazy. How long did you burn it down before throwing on the steaks?

You loaded your chimney with half pecan wood and half lump? I have never heard of that one before. I would think it would smoke like crazy. How long did you burn it down before throwing on the steaks?

I used some of the smaller chunks I had. It took about half a bottle of wine for the wood to burn down so it wasn't smoking like crazy. I wish I could give you a time frame, but I was drinking and reading Big Bob Gibson's Book of BBQ.:whistle:

Back