I need a back up BBQ sauce

tx_hellraiser

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So i am hosting a party for about 40 to 50 ppl just family and friends. Well the BBQ sauce i always use they dont have any in at this time. What is another Awesome sauce

I'm not a big Sweet Baby Ray's fan, but a lot of people like it. When I cook for a big group I use it with some add ins. I just did a bunch of pulled pork. I added a little apple cider vineager to SBR and was good to go.

What kind of meat?
What flavor profile?
What sauce are you wanting to replace?

Tons of sauce threads here. 8)

TIM

Lil Pig comes in Gallon jugs at HEB about 5.00 a gal. Good basic all arond sauce

Last big event we did we used Corky's and added a little honey. We got it at Sams Club in a gallon bottle for 6.00.

I thought it was just "okay" but I am a red sauce fan myself - however we had more people come up and ask us about the sauce than we ever have.

Go figure.

I like using SBR and then thinning it with either lager (Yuengling works well) or apple juice depending on who it will be served to (obviously if there are little ones I use the AJ just in case).

I am cooking brisket and pulled pork Not l ooking for good Looking for Awesome

For pork you Shack Attack is awesome. I keep a squeeze bottle of it at all times in my fridge and use it on chicken and pork.

My go to is Dinosaur BBQ Original Sensuous Slathering Sauce. Second go to is Stubb's Mild. I have a lot of family that dont like spicy stuff and those two sauces they all love. Sometimes I add a touch of honey for the bbq chicken but leave them plain for pork and brisket.

"Awesome" is a matter of preference. What sauce is it you use that they are out of?

Indeed. AWESOME to me is what I make myself - pure distilled vinegar, a CHIT load of cayenne, salt and a wee bit of lemon. (There is a commercial sauce that's close to this called Wicker's Original Marinade and Baste).

Other sauces, like Bamabuzzard's Double D, BigButzBBQ's NoButz and others are AWESOME too but the flavor profiles of all three are VERY different. It really depends on what you like. I like a tangy bite with heat.

Indeed. AWESOME to me is what I make myself - pure distilled vinegar, a CHIT load of cayenne, salt and a wee bit of lemon. (There is a commercial sauce that's close to this called Wicker's Original Marinade and Baste).

Other sauces, like Bamabuzzard's Double D, BigButzBBQ's NoButz and others are AWESOME too but the flavor profiles of all three are VERY different. It really depends on what you like. I like a tangy bite with heat.

Spot on here my brethren! It's all about what *you* like with regard to taste and flavor profiles.

BTW, have you busted open the *Hot* flavor sauce I sent you yet?

Back