Park BBQ's

S

suprfast

Went to a local park today for a BBQ(I have not done this for years, and forgot how much of a blast it was) so i dont have pics, nor was their smoked meat. However, i was very very excited to use the big ol park charcoal grill

http://www.parkgrills.com/Customkititems.asp?kc=G136-1040

Im really thinking about making one for my backyard. I guess this is a thread sharing excitement. Really dont have much else to say.:crazy:

You know, last summer we did the same thing and it brought back memories of bing a kid and watching my dad grill burgers, dogs and steaks in the park. However, he didn't have the marinated shrimp skill set that many of us have now. PARK GRILLING RULES!

One of my favorite days of the year involves "park" grills. Every August we (me & some folks from my favorite pub) go to Monmouth Park Racetrack for a picnic here in NJ. Some win, some lose but we all eat well off of 2 park grills and have a lot of fun!

There's the usual grilled foods...bugers, dogs, sausage & peppers, chicken with all the salads and fixin's. Beer, water and soda too.

I don't have any real food pics but here are some from the '08 outing. (forgot the camera in '09).
monmouth08031.jpg

Here's Frankie and Luis getting the grills ready for lunch:
monmouth08014.jpg

You can see the grills in the top/center of this pic. (don't bust my balls over the charcoal choice as it was not my call).
What is Freddy staring at????? His wife Katey (left) might like a copy of this!
monmouth08022.jpg

Most of our group sitting for lunch.
monmouth08027.jpg

My friend Tonya cashing in a $603.00 triple (the cut off for taxes in NJ is $600...Booo!)
monmouth08024.jpg

Some serious punters at this table.
monmouth08013.jpg

Good times!

Last edited:
Looking good Joe. There is just something nostalgic about it.
kris

Park grilling is good fun. Thanks for the pics Jersey Joe. Freddy is so busted.:becky:

I can't begin to count the number of these things I have used in parks. They are very cool, and work really well actually. I even had a custom one made for a park that was a 30"x60" grate. It does make me think of hot dogs, tater salad and sand.

Back