And so it begins. WFO Build Indoor Kitchen

Well I'll lend ya hand how soon can you Book me a First class round trip ticket on Air france:mrgreen:

So I had a little time to spend on the WFO. I laid 5 courses of blocks and formed and added the steel rebar yesterday, and poured the concrete top today. Tomorrow is insulated block and lifting the oven halves into place.

Thanks for lookin, see ya tomorrow!

Jed

Looking good, keep up the work and you will have a WFO in no time. Remember insulate insulate insulate.

Looking good, keep up the work and you will have a WFO in no time. Remember insulate insulate insulate.
I am setting the oven on insolated blocks and have a double layer of insulation over refractory cement and then chicken wire and stucco with pearlite. Should retain the heat quite well. Thanks for looking out for me! :mrgreen:

Awesome to see you will have one again!
Was your last WFO a pre-cast or set fire brick?

That looks neat.
I bought the materials for the base of a pompeii/wood fired oven over 6 months ago.
Just not had a good weekend on weather (and not being busy) to get anything done!

I am setting the oven on insolated blocks and have a double layer of insulation over refractory cement and then chicken wire and stucco with pearlite. Should retain the heat quite well. Thanks for looking out for me! :mrgreen:

Ok good, if you can get ceramic fiber insulation i would use that, its insulating properties are much better than pearlite, you will need alot more pearlite to reach the insulation Heat retention. Just my 2cents

Insulated blocks are for insulation, under the actual floor/hearth of the oven.

do they store heat better than firebricks?
My oven wont be pre-cast, it will all be made from firebricks, but if I can save some money by using insulating blocks, then im all ears

do they store heat better than firebricks?
My oven wont be pre-cast, it will all be made from firebricks, but if I can save some money by using insulating blocks, then im all ears

Do not confuse insulation blocks with firebricks, they two totally different things. Insulation blocks are to insulate, firebricks are for retaining heat and constructing the oven. Check out the fornobravo website for more info.

Back