View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #164
ecode
On the road to being a farker

First and foremost I need to say that I don't hate McRibs. I enjoy the mild mass hysteria at their release, but I don't always partake. And I have to say this throwdown has added to my enjoyment of them even more. Thanks.

OK, now I know the McRib does not have the best reputation. The meat patty is a little suspect. I also know when we get bad meat we often associate the taste with old shoes. Looking at the McRib patty, it certainly isn't much of a stretch to imagine that it could just as easily have spent its life being a shoe. I decided to put this to the test and create an edible shoe using the McRib. Of course I needed a medium to work with, and the most obvious one was the potato. These were very carefully selected. I believe in a former life I may have been a cobbler:

I tried to add a few details

and made a few different styles

These were carefully baked to perfection in my Oval:

The last half hour they were unwrapped to firm up the "leather."

Finally I did some detailing with some roasted red pepper

and I also thought they could use a little more traction.

As you can see from below, there is a very nice tread

and here is the finished product

Now I know some of you may think this is completely crazy, but I want to draw your attention to this particular NASA photograph of the footprint on the moon made by the Apollo 11 astronaut Neil Armstrong on July 20, 1969.

I think it is obvious that the similarity between this and the McRib "footprint" cannot be explained away as mere coincidence. The treads are virtually identical! Naturally, this leads to a number of unanswered questions, the most important of which is how did the McRib get to the moon in 1969, when it supposedly had not been invented by McDonalds until 1981, some twelve years later. Obviously there was a massive government conspiracy to hide the true purpose of the McRib and when the truth began leaking out, it was released by McDonalds as a sandwich.

Thanks for looking!
ecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->