• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Colorado Flood - Stress Relief

javahog2002

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So we were ordered to evacuate from our flooded homes for 4 days. After the first 14 days of working to get our houses back in order after the Colorado flood, my neighbor and I organized a Bronco watching party in my yard. This was my time to work on something other than pumping sewage, power washing, or demoing my basement. So here are the details.

We setup a TV and antenna and pointed it towards Denver.
IMAG1274_zps650704ce.jpg

We located 3 easy up awnings which were not destroyed by the flood and got them setup over the TV and food serving area.

IMAG1279_BURST001_zpsad750f2d.jpg

I loaded up the Cado with ABTS:

IMAG1276_zpscc685fa5.jpg

The brownie was setup with the ROT and 2 chickens:

IMAG1277_BURST001_zpsbe231c33.jpg

The Red MT was loaded with moink balls:

IMAG1275_zps89774478.jpg

We also cooked 30 brats and 30 burgers on the Cue Cart.

The SS performer served as a charcoal starter and a prep table.

IMAG1273_BURST002_COVER_zpsf35f32c7.jpg

So here's the whole crew watching the Broncos whip up on Phili.

IMAG1278_zpsfedcd54f.jpg

IMAG1279_BURST001_zpsad750f2d.jpg

My weber's performed like champs.

Here's what the neighborhood looked like 2 weeks earlier.

IMG_148865065649469_zps3644906a.jpg

The water was up the mailbox when my wife and daughter were rescued by the fire truck. Basement had 7 ft of water in it after the basement windows shattered under the pressure.

IMAG1233_zpsa645f1f1.jpg

Man o' man! Sorry for your troubles. Glad you guys found a way to some what unwind! Good luck getting back to normal.

Glad things are looking better and your able to start putting the bad stuff behind you. Way to make the best of a nasty situation. Looks like everyone had a chance to eat some great food, relax and have some fun. Nice job. By the way, always liked the Webers, they're a nice family.:becky:

Fantastic way to get things headed back to normal.

Awesome way to give folks and yourselves a break!

I'm glad that things are getting back to normal. That looks like a great way to relax after all of the hard work

When things like this happens...it really makes you appreciate the little things in live.

Glad to see you have maintained a positive attitude.

Nice party!

wow, sorry to see that destruction. Glad you are in good spirits and back to BBQing.

The flooding must have been terrible. I'm happy to see you got some much needed R&R afterwards. The birds on the spit resonate with me because I plan to do a couple on my UDR (Ugly Drum Rotisserie) for dinner today.

Good recovery. Loos like a lot of strong willed, good hearted people together
there. food looked great also!

I liked the first set of pictures MUCH better than the last two! Great idea javahog! Best of everything on your journey of recovery!

Back