Rockford Sam's Regional

Brew-B-Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone received any information on this one? I assume it is the same as the local qualifiers in terms of check in times, etc, but just wanted to see if anyone has received information on this event yet.

I don't believe they send out anything for the regionals beyond the initial email you should have received telling you when you needed to send in your money.
I think it was the same last year.
Sam's events are pretty standard. The only difference I remember from the local to the regional was a dinner for the teams..but the check-in times and such are all the same.

We got an info packet that told us that because it's now all about the spectators looking for food, they want to appeal to them. Check in is now Saturday morning and turn-in's are on sunday at the respected times as all other KCBS events. Good luck and we will see you Saturday night for a beer and breakfast Sunday.

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Wait, what? Saturday/Sunday??? Are you sure? I'm supposed to judge and haven't heard anything about moving times.

We got an info packet that told us that because it's now all about the spectators looking for food, they want to appeal to them. Check in is now Saturday morning and turn-in's are on sunday at the respected times as all other KCBS events. Good luck and we will see you Saturday night for a beer and breakfast Sunday.

Very nice. I will be cooking pizza for breakfast as usual.

Sorry I didn't get that. I'm still hungover. I'll take a timeout now

And by the way I wish I was coming down to compete but when you cook like crap ya get to stay home!

I received an email from Troy today, around dinner time I think. Basically, the same letter attached. Only difference was in his email. They're giving all teams four steaks to take back to their site to cook. Which is weird - last year in the regionals, they cooked a big dinner for everyone. Also, the email said because of a free entry weekend for the club same weekend, space will be a little more crowded. Hope not as what we had in Des Moines was about all used up for our set-up and I don't change a thing from contest to contest.

See y'all there. We leave Thursday around 5 pm.

Don't get fooled by me, it's Friday Saturday. I'm just goofing around with the boys from Brew-B-Que. Enjoy the time up there and don't be afraid to ask questions.

to other competitors visiting...

Beware of Rule #5>

"5. Teams are allowed to register for only one local qualifier. In the spirit of fairness, teams are not allowed to compete in more than one local qualifier. A team’s head cook and team members cannot enter the assigned cooking area of another team at another Sam’s Club contest.If it is determined that a head cook or team member is abusing this rule, both teams will be disqualified."

I don't think the intent is to prohibit visitors, but would probably be a good idea to say hi to Troy if you're a fellow competitor just visiting friends who are cooking the contest.

So are you saying i shouldn't have been in the Habitual cook site with that Jack Silver, Bart? ;)

Back