Best way to re-heat bbq pork for sandwiches

Coyote Red

Found some matches.
Reaction score
What's a good way to reheat pulled pork for sandwiches without dryin it out? Thanks.

Vacuum seal with a little sauce or juice from the cook and reheat in water seems to keep it moist. Not much if any loss in quality.

We save all the juice from the foil & pour it back into the pork after shredding.

We reheat in a kitchen oven until nice & hot.

As long as we pour the juice in, there is not a problem with it drying out.

Juice works great of course, but if you don't have that, Apple Juice works great, put a little in the bottom of a pan,add pork, heat on smoker, grill,or oven,cover stir occasionally

I reheat vacuum sealed bags one of two ways. More preferable is to put sealed bag into a pot boiling water and heat to temp. If I'm in a hurry I've been known to take a vacuum sealed bag, snip a small hole on one flat side that will be facing up as a pressure release, then put it into the microwave in the bag. The small hole allows pressure to escape so the bag won't explode but the sealed bag keeps a huge amount of moisture inside so it doesn't dry out. You could, if necessary, also add some juice into the bag through this small hole using a funnel though I've never found the need.

The best way is a steamer but if no access to one put a little chicken broth in pan wrap it and heat in oven. Moisture of some kind is your friend.

For vending, you can use sandwich baggies, individually portioned, and sous vide to order.

I've had very good luck with vac sealing and then boiling in bag to reheat.

The best way to re heat is on a flat top add a little water and let the steam do the work, I also add my vinegar sauce while I'm warming it up. It never dries out like it will in an oven or on the smoker.
Thanks, Jeff

Back