Bad Maverick probes

viper1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well like so many other people the new Maverick 732 I had a probe go bad in the middle of the smoke. So when done I contacted them and they said now you have to send old back before they will ship. Two or three days later the other probe went bad. Lucky my moving so slow meant I sent them back together. Well it took a little over two weeks and I got them back and no charge. Well been hearing they came out with a higher heat and 6 foot long probe and was thinking of buying two. Here they replaced the original 3 footers with the new 6 foot. So hopefully these new ones fix the problem with the probes.

The answer is the probe is the same but the wire is longer. For now on, Maverick will have one size in stock (6ft) to have for purchase and also to replace for warranty issues. The temperature rating is the same as the standard probe they came with your unit.

Do you have any idea why both probes went bad?

Nope never in water or to much heat. Stored in side. No clue! According to what I have read these new ones can take around 700 degrees were the old ones was 400. But the maverick can still only read around 520 degrees. At least what I read. Im no expert. They say they will be stronger.

Genuine Maverick Cooking Thermometer Food Probe6 Foot Long ProbeHigh Temperature Rated - Up to 716 degrees F (380 degrees C)Stainless Steel Braided Wire with a Stainless Steel Food Safe ProbeFor the Maverick ET732 Model Only

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The probes that came with the 732 were rated to 716 degrees. The older probes you are thinking of are the ET-73 and ET72 probe that was ratted at 409 degrees.

Hopefully these will be better.

I've seen a lot of posts about probe issues, I've never had an issue all. I love my maverick and have been using it steady for over a year. Awesome product!

well

You could be right. I hadn't had no problems. Wipe probes off with dampened cloth and bleach. Never in water. removed and rolled loosely and put in house. I always try before leaving the house in case batteries wear out. This time the one shot up to 3-400 degrees in a 68 degree room. So moved from side to side to make sure it read the same and it did. So means its the probe. Other worked ok. So went the next or two days latter and the second did the same thing. From the conversation I've had they have know the probes are no good. They got another supplier thru the 6 foot leads. So hopefully the problem is fixed. Now that's my story and I'm sticking too it! LOL

Mine went bad and I orderd the new high heat 6" one and it died on it's first cook (beer can chicken). Just before Thanksgiving. I will be calling them this week,

I've seen a lot of posts about probe issues, I've never had an issue all. I love my maverick and have been using it steady for over a year. Awesome product!

I've had my et-73 for 3 years and et-732 for a year now, use them on average once a week if not more, never had an issue with a single probe. Makes you wonder.

Ditch that piece of sh*t Maverick :tsk: and get one of these:

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/handheld/TW8060.html

I had nothing but problems with my ET732 and eventually chucked it into an adjacent parking lot at a comp 6 months ago... I just received the Thermoworks TW8060 and I really like it. The K-type probes are very well built and the unit has been very accurate and reliable. It doesn't have a wireless monitor but it's the best damn direct connect setup I've ever used. You can even order probes with armor shield for extra protection.

I of course, ordered a Maverick set up last night, so now the thread comes out about the thermocouple issues...:doh:

I of course, ordered a Maverick set up last night, so now the thread comes out about the thermocouple issues...:doh:
Dont worry brother you ordered from me and you are in good hands. Honestly we have sold thousands of the ET-732 this year. I have had very few customers that have had a issue and when they did Maverick sent them a new one.

Brewer: I wish I was at that comp, I would have loved to catch that 732 when you threw it. Hell it had a warranty.

Got mine first part of Oct and have been using it 1 or 2 times a week since never had a problem with my probes, cooked up to 400F with them. I will order some spare probes. but absolutely love my FT-732!

pwa

I ordered a 732 from Steve about 3 months ago. It gets used once or twice a week and has never given me a minutes trouble.

I ordered a 732 from Steve about 3 months ago. It gets used once or twice a week and has never given me a minutes trouble.

Well I ordered from Amazon but i'm pretty sure where you order from makes no difference. Mine wasn't three weeks old but probably had 14-16 smokes on it.

It dosn't make a difference. But if you every need help with anything let me know.

Dont worry brother you ordered from me and you are in good hands. Honestly we have sold thousands of the ET-732 this year. I have had very few customers that have had a issue and when they did Maverick sent them a new one.

Brewer: I wish I was at that comp, I would have loved to catch that 732 when you threw it. Hell it had a warranty.

Awesome! A supplier who reads the threads and remembers the customers...:clap2:

Well

May take you up on that! But hadn't heard of you then. Sorry! I'll try to throw some business your way now!

Well I ordered from Amazon but i'm pretty sure where you order from makes no difference. Mine wasn't three weeks old but probably had 14-16 smokes on it.

I don't think it makes a difference either.

Back