• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

a seafood medley in the stainless oyster shells

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
another trip to pensacola means another trip to joe patti seafood and a fresh dish or two when i get back home.

this time, i grabbed a few things that looked interesting, but with nothing particular in mind. i grabbed, gulf shrimp, royal red shrimp, bay scallops, lump crabmeat and claw crabmeat. i also grabbed a couple amberjack filets.

while options were plentiful, i really just wanted to taste some fresh seafood without any heavy sauce or the like.

the stainless steel oyster shells seemed to be the obvious choice. in each shell went one of each shrimp, a couple bay scallops and a bit of each type of crabmeat, some fresh herbs from the garden, some parmesan cheese, a little ghee butter and a hot grill....... on the side was just some romaine and cucumbers along with a homemade strawberry vinagerette dressing.

Looks great! Would like to get me some of those shells...and one of those Fat Heads.

Lovely! Do you eat the tails Jason? I admit to sometimes doing this, usually with fried though as I love the crunch, and folks do eat the heads...

i will eat the tails if they are fried properly.....for the same reason you do...love the crunch.

:thumb:

another trip to pensacola means another trip to joe patti seafood and a fresh dish or two when i get back home.

Love Joe Patti's. Even when we go to gulf shores my Brother in law and me drive there to get the royal red shrimp.

Back