First Brisket on Yoder

watertowerbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
I picked up a used Yoder YS 640 a couple of weekends ago. I've cooked chicken, ribs and pork butts on it, but until this weekend, I hadn't had time to do a brisket.

I watched some YouTube videos on this cooker to get some pointers and wow...........my brisket learning curve took a huge leap forward. I tried to document every step along the way. Enjoy

15 pound prime grade packer
4TBSbyTl.jpg

Point fully removed
XaroYWdl.jpg

Flat fully removed
mMu82ryl.jpg

Seasoned with Meat Church Holy Cow and R Butts R Smokin Ozark Heat
3qGjATNl.jpg

KX9LM6ll.jpg

On the Yoder
T4s7ukTl.jpg

4 hours into the cook
8uCOojCl.jpg

Ready for wrapping
926YTsql.jpg

Fr7smY4l.jpg

Point for slicing
tw1iXXfl.jpg

Burnt ends back on smoker
5S90Qezl.jpg

Flat ready for slicing
3BSZJgbl.jpg

Sliced flat
6zOzpJjl.jpg

It was a lot of fun and it won't be long before the next one!!!

That brisket looks money! Very nice product. Would love to take a bit out of some. Glad to hear it worked out well for you & the Yoder is doing you well!

Very nice!

I’m guessing you have been watching some atbbq vids with chef tom? They were a driving factor in me purchasing a yoder 640 at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've owned GMG and Recteq Pellet Grills, but after trying trying food off my friend's Yoder, that will be my next pellet grill purchase.

Looks great, how was the smoke profile?

I'm actually really enjoying the flavor coming off this cooker. It's different than what was coming off my Backwoods, but I'm not sure if I'm picking up more smoke or just less charcoal...........and I really liked the flavors coming off the Backwoods.

Back