View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
chinesebob
is One Chatty Farker

Default The BBQ Miracle of Delaware, Ohio

Pics to come but had to share the story of this event for all of you.

Had a party scheduled to cater today. Been planning it for a month. Local paint store is having a big vendor day and customer appreciation day. They ask me to cater and they want enough food for 200 people.

I have the plan with the shopping list and the implementation plan. Down to when what and where and how.....as if that will happen.

Well the implementation of the design was off by hours and I ended up working on the food prep all night while the meat is smoking, driving up to Delaware first thing in the morning setting up and cooking the rest of the food there.

50lbs of cooked pork, 50lbs of cooked brisket, 40lbs of chicken wings, 6 half pans of keri's beans, 6 half pans of coleslaw, 8 half pans of my southern green beans, and 50 poppers.

Turned out awesome. People were blown away. ended up with somewhere around 250-275 people, everyone said they got plenty to eat, and there were still left overs.

I still can't figure the math on the volume of the eaters and the quantity of the food. oh well here it is 8 hours after getting home and I'm still not sleeping because now I have to get the UDS going for a cook for someone for tomorrow.

Pics to follow.